Trader Vic's Mai Tai Recipe (Original)
Trader Vic's Mai Tai, the quintessential "Tiki" cocktail, is a polynesian favorite. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 2 oz 17-year old J. Wray & Nephew Rum (now $50,000/bottle)
- 1/4 oz French Garnier Orgeat Syrup
- 1/2 oz Holland DeKuyper Orange Curaçao
- 1/4 oz Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup
- Juice from one fresh lime
- 1 cup cubed ice
- 1 cup shaved ice
Combine rum, orange curaçao, orgeat syrup, rock candy syrup, lime juice, and cubed ice into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously (and we mean VIGOROUSLY, it truly makes the difference between a good Mai Tai and a great Mai Tai). Strain into an old fashioned glass over shaved ice and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 8mg | Sugar: 10g | Iron: 0.5mg