The Lono Hollywood Mai Tai is a highly complex and bold Mai Tai recipe employing a sophisticated blend of several Jamaican & Guyanese Rums. The addition of macadamia pays tribute to the nutty flavor of Trader Vic’s original, while a non-standard whisper of vanilla feels right at home in this Polynesian dream. Whereas, many modern Mai Tais taste nothing like a true Mai Tai, this interesting variant tastes very similar to the original, but with the flavors enhanced. A must try. Beware … that 151 packs a punch!
What Is In The Lono Hollywood Mai Tai?
The Lono Hollywood Mai Tai ingredients are Rhum JM VO Rum, Appleton Estate Signature Jamaican Rum, Smith & Cross Rum, Coruba Dark Jamaican Rum, Lemon Hart & Son 151 Rum, lime juice, orgeat syrup, macadamia milk, and vanilla demerara syrup.
- 1/2 oz Rhum JM VO Rum
- 1/2 oz Appleton Estate Signature Jamaican Rum
- 1/2 oz Smith & Cross Rum
- 1/2 oz Coruba Dark Jamaican Rum
- 1/2 oz Lemon Hart & Son 151 Rum
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz orgeat syrup
- 1/4 oz macadamia milk
- 1/4 oz vanilla demerara syrup
- Combine the various light and dark rums, lime juice, orgeat, macadamia milk, vanilla syrup, and cracked ice into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously (and we mean VIGOROUSLY, it truly makes the difference between a good Mai Tai and a great Mai Tai).
- Strain into an old fashioned glass over shaved ice.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and a purple orchid.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 425Trans Fat: 0gSugar: 42g
More Mai Tai Recipes
→ If you liked this Lono Hollywood Mai Tai, try more of our delicious favorites on our Mai Tai Recipes page.
Lono Hollywood: Website
Olivia co-founded Make Drinks in 2013 and serves as its Coffee and Cocktails editor … yes, incongruous competing categories for sure. However, bartending her way through college while obtaining a Bachelor’s in Computer Science at U.C. Berkeley left her abundantly prepared for this position. Oh, and two kids in tow. Coffee in the morning, cocktails at night … Ponce de León never knew the elusive fountain was so close.