The Tommy Bahama Mai Tai is a non-traditional Mai Tai recipe that punches up the flavor with the unmistakeable tropical tang of pineapple juice. A delicious summery take on this vacation beverage standard, that was created in Hawaii just in time for Pauhana (Hawaiian Happy Hour).
What Is In The Tommy Bahama Mai Tai?
The Tommy Bahama Mai Tai ingredients are Flor de Cana 4 Year Rum, dark rum, orange curacao, orgeat syrup, lime juice, pineapple juice, and sweet and sour mix.
- 1 oz Flor de Cana 4 Year Old Rum
- 1 oz dark rum, float
- 1 oz orange curacao
- 1 oz orgeat syrup
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 3/4 oz pineapple juice
- 3/4 oz sweet and sour mix
- Combine Flor de Cana Rum, orange curacao, orgeat syrup, lime juice, pineabpple juice, sweet and sour mix, and cubed ice into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously (and we mean VIGOROUSLY, it truly makes the difference between a good Mai Tai and a great Mai Tai).
- Strain into an old fashioned glass over shaved ice.
- Float dark rum.
- Garnish with a fresh orchid.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 0g
More Mai Tai Recipes
→ If you liked this Tommy Bahama Mai Tai, try more of our delicious favorites on our Mai Tai Recipes page.
Tommy Bahama: Website
Olivia co-founded Make Drinks in 2013 and serves as its Coffee and Cocktails editor … yes, incongruous competing categories for sure. However, bartending her way through college while obtaining a Bachelor’s in Computer Science at U.C. Berkeley left her abundantly prepared for this position. Oh, and two kids in tow. Coffee in the morning, cocktails at night … Ponce de León never knew the elusive fountain was so close.