An earthy fresh Citrus and Green Tea Detox smoothie designed to help cleanse and eliminate harmful toxins from the body. Learn learn how to make at home!
Citrus And Green Tea Detox, a Detox Smoothie Recipe, tastes so pure that it just leaves you feeling cleansed and refreshed. Polyphenols, that help rid your body of liver clogging compounds, are provided from the freshly-brewed green tea. If Zen was a flavor, it would be Citrus And Green Tea Detox Smoothie!
“Absolutely my favorite detox smoothie! I usually put a little lemon in my tea anyway, so this combination is perfect for me.”
What Is In The Citrus And Green Tea Detox Smoothie?
The Citrus And Green Tea Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- Greek yogurt
- green tea
- lemon juice
- crushed ice
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Grapefruit – Grapefruit is a tropical citrus fruit that is widely popular for its sweet and slightly sour taste. Although low in calories, it is packed with powerful antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, lycopene, and flavanones. Grapefruit are known to reduce kidney stones, prevent eye-related disorders such as macular degeneration, and protect cells from environmental damage.
Oranges – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt has been a staple of Greek cuisine for more than 2,000 years. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, calcium, and selenium, and is particularly rich in protein. Greek yogurt benefits bone health, supports a healthy digestive tract, and aids in post-workout muscle recovery.
Green Tea – Green tea is widely claimed to be one of the most healthy drinks on the planet. It is loaded with powerful bioactive compounds, including polyphenols, the potent catechin epigallocatechin gallate, caffeine, and the amino acid L-theanine. Green tea improves brain function and protects against neurodegenerative diseases, increases fat burning, and reduces your risk of developing certain cancers, including breast cancer, colorectal cancer, and prostate cancer.
Lemons – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Citrus And Green Tea Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, grapefruit, orange, Greek yogurt, green tea, lemon juice, honey, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies have a similar earthy green taste, give one a try:
- Juice It Up The Greens Smoothie
- Kale-Apple Green Smoothie
- Ninja Blender Emerald Green Elixir Smoothie
- Place banana, grapefruit, orange, Greek yogurt, green tea, lemon juice, honey, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 8gSugar: 48gProtein: 14g
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Citrus And Green Tea Detox smoothie recipe, try more of our great tasting body cleansing favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.