“So flavorful and spicy, but nicely balanced with the sweet and tangy. Delicious.”~ Vivian L.
Chili Lime Mango, a Classic Tart Juice It Up smoothie recipe, is a Mexican tropical fruit smoothie, packed with citrusy vitamin C and super-healthy ginger. Tropically sweet and tart from the mango, lemonade, and orange, spicy from the ginger and mouth-puckering Tajin, suspended in a creamy-smooth sherbet base. Turn up the heat like you’re on vacation … ¡Ole!
Everything You Need
The Juice It Up Chili Lime Mango smoothie ingredients are:
- passion fruit-mango juice
- orange sherbet
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Lemonade – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Orange Sherbet – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
Tajin – Tajín is a seasoning salt that embodies the bold flavors of Mexican cuisine. It’s a simple mix of chile powder, salt, and dehydrated lime for a mouth-puckering kick that is often used to perk up produce like pineapples and cucumbers or to rim drinks like Micheladas and Bloody Marys.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Juice It Up Chili Lime Mango Smoothie
The Juice It Up Chili Lime Mango smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place mango, lemonade, mango juice, orange sherbet, ginger, and Tajin into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Orange juice can be substituted for the mango juice in a pinch without significantly changing the flavor profile.
- Place mango, lemonade, mango juice, orange sherbet, ginger, and Tajin into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Orange juice can be substituted for the mango juice in a pinch without significantly changing the flavor profile.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 180gFiber: 9gSugar: 140gProtein: 17g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Tajín is a popular Mexican seasoning that consists of three main ingredients: mild chili peppers, salt, and dehydrated lime juice. The combination results in a tangy, spicy, and slightly salty blend that is often used to enhance the flavor of fruits, vegetables, and various dishes. The seasoning is named after the Tajín archaeological site in the state of Veracruz, Mexico.
Chili peppers contain a compound called capsaicin, which has been found to boost metabolism, increase fat burning, and reduce appetite in some studies, potentially aiding in weight loss. However, the effects might be small and not significant enough to lead to substantial weight loss without other dietary and lifestyle changes. It’s also important to note that excessive intake of spicy food can cause gastrointestinal discomfort in some people.
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Chili Lime Mango smoothie, try more of our copycat favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website