A zesty fan favorite tropical fruit smoothie from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
Dragon Fruit Sunset, a Superfruit Infused Specialty Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is a highly nutritious, nutrient-rich tropical smoothie loaded with cancer-fighting antioxidants and gut pleasing digestive enzymes. Tropically sweet from the passion fruit juice, tangy from the dragon fruit and pineapples, suspended in a nice creamy nonfat frozen yogurt base. Straight from the volcanic-rich mountain sides of Central America.
What Is In The Dragon Fruit Sunset Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up Dragon Fruit Sunset smoothie ingredients are dragon fruit, pineapple, orange juice, passion fruit juice, and nonfat frozen yogurt.
Dragon Fruit – Dragon fruit are actually a tropical cactus that taste like a combination of a kiwi and a pear and have enjoyed widespread popularity recently. They are nutrient-dense and are excellent sources of iron, magnesium, and fiber. Dragon fruit have been shown to reduce fatty liver and inflammation while promoting a healthy gut biome.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Orange Juice – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Passion Fruit Juice – Passion fruit is a purple tropical fruit offering a wide-range of health benefits. It is most commonly known for its rich antioxidant profile and is a strong source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. Passion fruit is also extremely low on the glycemic index and can help improve insulin sensitivity, placing it among the fruit-favorites of the American Diabetes Association.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Juice It Up Dragon Fruit Sunset Smoothie Recipe
Juice It Up Dragon Fruit Sunset smoothie recipe tastes like a tangy tropical fruit shake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 3/4 cup dragon fruit
- 3/4 cup pineapples, frozen, chunks
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup passion fruit juice
- 1/2 cup nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place dragon fruit, pineapple, orange juice, passion fruit juice, and nonfat frozen yogurt into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 363Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 260mgCarbohydrates: 115gFiber: 8gSugar: 84gProtein: 18g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Dragon Fruit Sunset smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website