An energizing coffee smoothie from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
PB Cold Brew Mocha, a Protein Infused Specialty Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is an energizing coffee smoothie packed with protein that will help keep you full throughout the day. Crisp coffee, creamy peanut butter and banana, in a soy milk and nonfat frozen yogurt base. Designed to wake you up and satiate your hunger, an excellent meal substitute anytime of day!
What Is In The PB Cold Brew Mocha Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up PB Cold Brew Mocha smoothie ingredients are bananas, cacao nibs, peanut butter, cold brewed coffee, soy milk, nonfat frozen yogurt, and whey protein powder.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Peanuts Butter – Peanuts are a South American legume that are actually closely related to beans. They are loaded with high-quality plant-based protein, healthy fats, and a rich antioxidant profile that includes isoflavones, p-coumaric acid, phytic acid, and phytosterols. Peanuts have been associated with gallstone prevention, reduced risk of heart disease, and the prevention of environmental cell damage.
Cold Brewed Coffee – Coffee is widely used for its ability to enhance focus and provide an energy boost. It contains the central nervous system stimulant caffeine which increases energy levels and reduces fatigue. Coffee has also been shown to reduce the risk of developing neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Soy Milk – Soy milk is a dairy substitute made from soybeans and water. It is an excellent source of protein, potassium, and is often fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. Also, being plant-based, soy milk contains no cholesterol, no lactose, and is very low in saturated fat.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
Juice It Up PB Cold Brew Mocha Smoothie Recipe
Juice It Up PB Cold Brew Mocha smoothie recipe tastes like a peanut butter mocha milkshake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 cup bananas, frozen, sliced
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, cacao nibs, peanut butter, cold brewed coffee, soy milk, nonfat frozen yogurt, and whey protein powder into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 409mgCarbohydrates: 116gFiber: 9gSugar: 73gProtein: 51g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this PB Cold Brew Mocha smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website