A tropical piña colada smoothie from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
Piña Cool-Ada, a Classic Tropical Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is a traditional piña colada smoothie loaded with vitamin C and potassium, direct from the islands. Sweet bananas and coconut, tangy pineapple, in a creamy nonfat frozen yogurt base. Need a vacation? Grab your blender …
What Is In The Piña Cool-Ada Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up Piña Cool-Ada smoothie ingredients are bananas, pineapples, pineapple juice, coconut flakes, and nonfat frozen yogurt.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Pineapples and Pineapple Juice – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Coconuts – Coconuts are a popular tropical fruit harvested from the coconut palm tree. They are an excellent source of protein and provide several important minerals, including manganese, copper, selenium, iron, phosphorous, and potassium. Coconuts are also known to promote heart health and help stabilize blood sugar.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Juice It Up Piña Cool-Ada Smoothie Recipe
Juice It Up Piña Cool-Ada smoothie recipe tastes like a traditional piña colada from the islands. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 cup bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup pineapples, frozen, chunks
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 cup nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, pineapples, pineapple juice, coconut flakes, and nonfat frozen yogurt into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 167gFiber: 10gSugar: 113gProtein: 22g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Piña Cool-Ada smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website