A berry-packed protein shake from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
Protein Blast, a Protein Infused Specialty Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is a berry-packed protein shake absolutely loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Sweet berries and tangy orange suspended in a nonfat frozen yogurt base. The perfect post workout elixir designed to help repair and strengthen well-worked muscles.
What Is In The Protein Blast Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up Protein Blast smoothie ingredients are blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberry juice, orange juice, nonfat frozen yogurt, orange sherbet, and whey protein powder.
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Cranberry Juice – Cranberries are actually a type of heather and are closely related to blueberries. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K1, copper, and manganese, and absolutely bursting with bioactive plant compounds quercetin, myricetin, peonidin, ursolic acid, and proanthocyanidins. Cranberries are frequently used to treat urinary tract infections and have been shown to be effective in the prevention of ulcers and stomach cancer.
Orange Juice and Orange Sherbet – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
Juice It Up Protein Blast Smoothie Recipe
Juice It Up Protein Blast smoothie recipe tastes like a sweet berry protein shake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup raspberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/2 cup cranberries juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange sherbet
- 1 cup nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cranberry juice, orange juice, nonfat frozen yogurt, orange sherbet, and whey protein powder into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 178gFiber: 15gSugar: 127gProtein: 46g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Protein Blast smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website