Juice It Up The Reds Smoothie Recipe – A super-healthy red fruit and vegetable smoothie from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
The Reds, a Plant-Based Specialty Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is a super-healthy red fruit and veggie smoothie absolutely packed with nutrients and anti-inflammatory bioactive compounds. Sweet from the grapes and strawberries, tangy pineapple, earthy beets and cucumbers, in a creamy smooth banana base. The perfect raw food to keep your body healthy and strong!
What Is In The Reds Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up The Reds smoothie ingredients are bananas, beets, cucumber, pineapples, strawberries, and red grape juice.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Beets – Beets possess a particularly powerful nutritional profile. They are extremely low in calories, yet rich in vitamins and minerals important to athletic performance. Beets contain significant amounts of folate, important to physical growth and heart health, manganese, which assists bone strength and brain function, and copper, which facilitates energy production. Studies have shown that beets can help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and reduce age-related cognitive decline.
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Red Grape Juice – Grapes have been cultivated for thousands of years and offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They are rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. The antioxidant resveratrol in Grapes helps lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and protect against heart disease.
Juice It Up The Reds Smoothie Recipe
Juice It Up The Reds smoothie recipe tastes like a sweet and earthy fruit and veggie shake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 cup bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1/2 cup beets, raw
- 1/2 cup cucumbers
- 1/2 cup pineapples, frozen, chunks
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup red grape juice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, beets, cucumber, pineapples, strawberries, and red grape juice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 266mgCarbohydrates: 151gFiber: 13gSugar: 99gProtein: 18g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this The Reds smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website