Ninja Blender Antioxidant Refresher Smoothie Recipe – A healthy antioxidant-rich smoothie from the creators of the Ninja Blender, learn how to make at home.
Antioxidant Refresher Smoothie, a Ninja Blender “Smoothies & Super Juices” Recipe, is an antioxidant powerhouse. In fact, if you are an oxidant, we recommend that you steer clear of this refreshing antioxidant-rich smoothie. Designed to neutralize and remove free radicals from the bloodstream, this health drink helps protect the skin, alleviate eye and heart problems, and boosts your immune system. And, it just tastes healthy!
What Is In The Antioxidant Refresher Smoothie From Ninja Blender?
The Ninja Blender Antioxidant Refresher Smoothie ingredients are apple, blueberries, celery, red cabbage, watermelon, water, and crushed ice.
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Celery – Celery, a low calorie diet food, has a number of surprising health benefits. It is an excellent source of phytonutrients and is absolutely packed with cell-protecting antioxidants such as vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids. Celery also reduces chronic inflammation, supports a healthy digestive tract, and and has an alkalizing effect that can help neutralize acidic foods.
Red Cabbage – Red cabbage is a nutrient-dense vegetable that offers several impressive health benefits. It provides vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, riboflavin, and thiamine. Red cabbage helps fight inflammation, reduces your risk of heart disease, and strengthens bones.
Watermelon – Watermelon originates from Africa and was first domesticated more than 4,000 years ago. It contains a variety of nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium. In addition to keeping you hydrated, watermelon is known to inhibit tumor growth in various cancers and help prevent age-related macular degeneration.
- 1 apples, cored
- 3/4 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 celery, stalk
- 1/4 cup red cabbage
- 1/2 cup watermelon
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place apple, blueberries, celery, red cabbage, watermelon, water, and crushed ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 8gSugar: 36gProtein: 2g
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Antioxidant Refresher Smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website