“I love blueberry smoothies! I recommend vanilla whey protein powder, it adds just the right amount of sweetness.”🙂 Meadow
Blueberry Power Blast Breakfast, a Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipe, packs a protein punch for increased muscle size and strength while significantly reducing gherlin levels, a hormone that tells your brain you’re hungry. Load up and hit the gym for max muscle or head to work feeling satiated … either way, this smoothie is a powerful way to start your day!
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
Flaxseed – Flaxseed has a mild, nutty flavor and a crisp, crunchy texture. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals and high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Flaxseed is rich in fiber, has potent cancer-fighting properties, particularly for breast cancer colorectal cancer, and skin cancer, and benefits your heart by lowering cholesterol and blood pressure.
A standard blender is all that is required to make Ninja Blender smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available Ninja Single Serve Blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Ninja Blender Blueberry Power Blast Breakfast smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place blueberries, whey protein powder, flaxseed, water, and crushed ice into a Ninja blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Hemp seeds can be substituted for the flaxseed without significantly changing the nutritional profile.
- Place blueberries, whey protein powder, flaxseed, water, and crushed ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- f you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Hemp seeds can be substituted for the flaxseed without significantly changing the nutritional profile.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 7gSugar: 12gProtein: 14g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Flaxseeds are a nutritional gem, brimming with omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid, which supports heart health. They’re a rich source of dietary fiber, benefiting digestion and blood sugar regulation, and are packed with lignans, powerful antioxidants that have potential cancer-preventing properties. Additionally, their vitamin and mineral content, including vitamin B1, magnesium, and phosphorus, further elevates their health profile. For optimal nutrient absorption, it’s best to consume them ground, and their nutty flavor makes them a versatile addition to beverages and dishes alike.
Protein powder in itself doesn’t directly cause weight gain. It’s a supplement that provides additional protein, which can assist in muscle growth when combined with resistance training. However, weight gain or loss is primarily dictated by total calorie intake in relation to calorie expenditure. If someone consumes protein powder in addition to their regular diet and exceeds their daily caloric needs, it can result in weight gain. Conversely, when used as a meal replacement or within a controlled caloric regimen, it won’t inherently lead to weight gain. It’s important to consider the overall context of its use, the type of protein powder (some come with added sugars and calories), and one’s broader dietary and exercise habits.
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Blueberry Power Blast Breakfast smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website