“Tastes sweet and tart with a hint of ginger spice. My go to smoothie when I feel a cold coming on.”~ Julie S.
Gingered Acai, a popular Ninja Blender “Smoothies & Super Juices” recipe, is an anti-inflammatory immune-boosting delight that will energize your body. Mouth-watering sweet and tart berries balanced with a hint of cleansing ginger make this smoothie not only healthy, but delicious as well. One of my favorite ways to load up on nutrients when I’m feeling a bit depleted.
Everything You Need
The Ninja Blender Gingered Acai smoothie ingredients are:
- acai berries
- pomegranate juice
Acai Berries – Acai berries are a Brazilian superfood where they are a national staple. In addition to many vitamins and minerals, their most powerful health benefits come from their remarkable antioxidant profile and host of beneficial plant compounds, including anthocyanins. Acai berries are known for lowering cholesterol levels, improving brain function, and for treating various types of cancer.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranates, which are actually edible seeds, are one of the healthiest fruits you can eat. They contain significant vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium in addition to the unique beneficial plant compounds punicalagins and punicic acid. Pomegranates have three times the antioxidant activity of green tea, demonstrate impressive anti-inflammatory properties, have been shown to fight both breast cancer and prostate cancer, and fight arthritis and joint pain.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
A standard blender is all that is required to make Ninja Blender smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available Ninja Single Serve Blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Ninja Blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Gingered Acai Smoothie
The Gingered Acai smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place acai berries, strawberries, pomegranate juice, ginger and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Pomegranate seeds can be substituted for the pomegranate juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
- 1 cup acai berries, (unsweetened puree can be substituted)
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place acai berries, strawberries, pomegranate juice, ginger and ice into a Ninja Blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Pomegranate seeds can be substituted for the pomegranate juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 4gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 247mgCarbohydrates: 121gFiber: 23gSugar: 72gProtein: 25g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, acai berries are often labeled as a “superfood” due to their dense nutritional profile and potential health benefits. Native to the rainforests of South America, acai berries are rich in antioxidants, especially anthocyanins, which give them their deep purple hue. These antioxidants combat oxidative stress, which can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Acai also provides dietary fiber, heart-healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals. The berries have been linked to improved cholesterol levels and enhanced brain function. While “superfood” isn’t a scientific term, it’s used in popular culture to describe nutrient-rich foods that offer significant health benefits, and acai certainly fits that bill.
Yes, ginger has been traditionally used for centuries to alleviate gastrointestinal discomfort. It contains compounds like gingerol and shogaol that can help soothe an upset stomach, reduce nausea, and aid digestion. Clinical studies have shown that ginger can be particularly effective in reducing nausea stemming from various causes, including pregnancy, chemotherapy, and post-surgery. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties can also help relax the gastrointestinal muscles, preventing bloating and gas. Consuming ginger in various forms, whether as fresh ginger slices, ginger tea, or even ginger candies, can offer relief. I often recommend incorporating ginger into beverages or meals as a natural remedy to support digestive health based on its efficacy and my positive experiences using it in various culinary applications.
More Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Gingered Acai smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Ninja Blender Smoothie Recipes page.
Ninja Blender: Website