“Delicious green smoothie that doesn’t taste like a green smoothie. Love the Goji superfood!”🙂 J.T.
Beauty Blast Smoothie, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is featured on their website as the perfect blend for promoting beautiful skin, hair and nails. Designed to counteract damaging free radicals and help one reclaim an effervescent youthful glow, this healthy smoothie is a favorite for both its homeopathic benefits and its great tropical taste.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Swiss Chard – Swiss chard is a leafy green vegetable that is one of the most nutrient-dense foods available. One small serving provides a whopping 715% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin K, 215% of your vitamin A, one half of your vitamin C, and significant amounts of magnesium, manganese, potassium, and iron. Swiss chard is also packed with free radical fighting antioxidants, helping to protect your cells against environmental damage. [Amazon]
Goji Berries – Goji berries have recently come into superfood fashion due to their abundant antioxidant profile and powerful medicinal qualities. Just one serving (5 tablespoons) provides a staggering 500% of your recommended daily intake of vitamin A and significant amounts of vitamin C and iron. Goji berries are best known for their ability to promote immune function and support healthy vision. [Amazon]
Cashews – Cashews are the nutrient-rich processed seeds of a native Brazilian tropical tree. They offer high levels of copper and significant levels of magnesium, manganese, zinc, and phosphorous. Cashews are known to reduce inflammation and benefit heart health by lowering both overall cholesterol levels and triglycerides. [Amazon]
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The NutriBullet Beauty Blast smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place pineapple, strawberries, Swiss chard, goji berries, cashew nuts, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Kale or spinach can be substituted for the Swiss chard without significantly altering the flavor profile.
- Place pineapple, strawberries, Swiss chard, goji berries, cashew nuts, water, and crushed ice into a into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Kale or spinach can be substituted for the Swiss chard without significantly altering the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 5g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Goji berries, often referred to as “superfoods,” boast an impressive nutritional profile. They are densely packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. One of their most notable attributes is their high concentration of zeaxanthin and lutein, antioxidants that are beneficial for eye health and can potentially protect against age-related eye diseases. Goji berries also provide a good amount of vitamin C, vitamin A, and dietary fiber. Moreover, they contain all eight essential amino acids, making them an excellent plant-based protein source. Additionally, these berries have compounds that may have anti-inflammatory properties, support immune function, and promote healthy skin. Consumed in moderation, goji berries can be a valuable addition to a nutritious diet due to their wide range of health-promoting compounds.
The term “superfood” is a marketing term rather than a scientific designation, but it is generally used to describe foods that are nutrient-dense and thought to have health-promoting or disease-preventing properties. These foods are often rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients that can provide multiple health benefits. Common examples include blueberries, kale, chia seeds, and quinoa, among others.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Beauty Blast smoothie recipe, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.