NutriBullet Cholesterol Crusher Blast Smoothie Recipe – A cholesterol reducing smoothie from the creators of the NutriBullet Nutrition Extractor, learn how to make at home.
Cholesterol Crusher Blast Smoothie, a NutriBullet Smoothie Recipe, is a natural and tasty way to help maintain a healthy cholesterol level. Containing foods recommended by the Mayo Clinic for lowering cholesterol and protecting the heart muscle, the Cholesterol Crusher Blast smoothie is definitely heart smart and one of our most highly recommended smoothies. *Pro-Tip: add a little Ground Flaxseed Boost to help lower triglycerides ;-)
What Is In The Cholesterol Crusher Blast Smoothie From NutriBullet?
The NutriBullet Cholesterol Crusher Blast Smoothie ingredients are banana, blueberries, kale, oatmeal, cacao, almonds, water, and crushed ice.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful anitoxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Oats – Oats are one of the most healthy grains you can eat, being packed with fiber, loaded with essential nutrients, and 100% gluten-free. They are high in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5. Oats are widely used to lower cholesterol and prevent oxidization of LDL cholesterol.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Almonds – Almonds are the world’s most popular nut and are rich in nutrients and healthy fats. They have significant amounts of protein, vitamin E, manganese, and magnesium. Almonds have been shown to protect against heart disease, various cancers, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Place banana, blueberries, kale, oatmeal, cacao, almonds, water, and crushed ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Dark chocolate or coco powder may be substituted for cacao.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 10gSugar: 22gProtein: 14g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Cholesterol Crusher Blast Smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.