“LOVE the hint of spicy pepper with the tangy pineapple. Go easy on the cayenne the first time you make it though, you can always add more!”~ Tina
Cleansing Green, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is absolutely packed with powerful superfoods design to cleanse your body of harmful toxins. Fresh greens, sweetened up with pear and pineapple, and kicked up a notch with a hearty dusting of cayenne pepper’s capsaicin. In with the good, out with the bad!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Cleansing Green smoothie ingredients are:
- coconut water
- lemon juice
- cayenne pepper powder
- Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Pears – Pears are a sweet, bell-shaped fruit that offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They contain significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. Pears are also known to promote healthy gut bacteria, possess anti-inflammatory properties, and boost heart health.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Lemon Juice – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Cayenne Peppers – Cayenne peppers are a type of moderately hot chili pepper with a signature spicy flavor. They contain high amounts of vitamin A, vitamin B6, and vitamin C, but gained popularity as a health supplement due to their abundance of the beneficial plant compound capsaicin. Cayenne peppers have several health benefits, including pain relief, improved athletic performance, and the ability to lower blood sugar levels.
Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood – Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood ingredients include organic wheat grass, organic barley grass, organic alfalfa, organic spirulina, organic spinach, organic chlorella (cracked cell-wall), organic broccoli, organic pure acai, organic maca, organic carrot, organic beet, raspberry, rose hips, pineapple, green tea, acerola cherry, organic flax seed powder, apple pectin fiber, F.O.S. (from chicory root), L. acidophilus, alpha and beta amylase, protease, lipase, lactase, cellulase, siberian eleuthero root and peppermint.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The NutriBullet Cleansing Green Smoothie
The NutriBullet Cleansing Green smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place kale, cucumber, pear, pineapple, coconut water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper powder, NutriBullet Superfood Essential Greens, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Go easy on the cayenne pepper the first time you make this one … it’s got a kick!
- Place kale, cucumber, pear, pineapple, coconut water, lemon juice, cayenne pepper powder, NutriBullet Superfood Essential Greens, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Go easy on the cayenne pepper the first time you make this one ... it's got a kick!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 12gSugar: 49gProtein: 22g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Cleansing Green smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.