“Nice and light for a morning smoothie, but filling from the oats. If I have one before work and add a scoop of protein powder, it keeps me full until lunch.”~ Aiden
Creamy Green Strawberry Dream, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is a healthy whole food feel-good smoothie that is simple and quick to make. Sweet strawberries, creamy banana and almond milk, nutrient-rich baby spinach, and skin-pampering coconut water. Your body will thank you!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Creamy Green Strawberry Dream smoothie ingredients are:
- baby spinach
- almond milk
- coconut water
- rolled oats
Baby Spinach – Baby spinach is an early harvest leafy green that is slightly sweeter than regular spinach. It is nutrient-dense, containing significant vitamin A, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, iron, and zinc. Baby spinach is known to promote eye health, lower blood sugar levels, help prevent anemia, and reduce the risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Oats – Oats are one of the most healthy grains you can eat, being packed with fiber, loaded with essential nutrients, and 100% gluten-free. They are high in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5. Oats are widely used to lower cholesterol and prevent oxidization of LDL cholesterol.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Creamy Green Strawberry Dream Smoothie
The NutriBullet Creamy Green Strawberry Dream smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place baby spinach, banana, strawberries, almond milk, coconut water, and rolled oats into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place baby spinach, banana, strawberries, unsweetened almond milk, coconut water, and rolled oats into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 344mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 11gSugar: 39gProtein: 22g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Coconut water is lauded for its health benefits primarily due to its high electrolyte content, especially potassium, which is crucial for maintaining fluid balance and supporting heart health. It’s a natural hydration choice with a lower calorie count compared to many sweetened beverages. Coconut water also contains various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and has been linked to benefits like reduced blood pressure and improved exercise performance.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this popular Creamy Green Strawberry Dream smoothie, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.