“Super-filling and super-healthy. All I really need in the morning is one of these and a cup of coffee and I’m good to go until lunchtime.”~ Mark
Fiberlicious, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is a fiber-filled breakfast beverage that will help you get moving in the morning. Sweet apple, creamy almond milk and banana, hydrating coconut water, and both chia and hemp seeds. This start the day off right drink has it all and is sure to get you going when you need to get going!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Fiberlicious smoothie ingredients are:
- green apple
- almond milk
- coconut water
- almond butter
- chia seeds
- hemp seeds
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Almond Butter – Almond butter is made from roasted, ground almonds and is often used as a substitute for peanut butter. It is high in monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E. Almond butter can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve the health of artery walls.
Chia Seeds – Chia seeds are small in size, but big in nutritional value. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, and are rich in dietary fiber. In addition, the compounds in chia seeds have been shown to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals, assist with lowering blood pressure, and reduce inflammation.
Hemp Seeds – Hemp seeds are nutrient rich, loaded with healthy fats, and extremely high in plant-based protein. They contain significant amounts of the essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, and high amounts of the amino acid arginine. Hemp seeds are known to reduce the risk of heart disease, fight inflammation, and provide relief from skin disorders such as eczema.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Fiberlicious Smoothie
The NutriBullet Fiberlicious smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place spinach, green apple, banana, almond milk, coconut water, almond butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Soy milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place spinach, green apple, banana, almond milk, coconut water, almond butter, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Soy milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 432mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 17gSugar: 51gProtein: 30g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
A high-fiber breakfast is beneficial for several reasons. Firstly, fiber aids in digestion and helps maintain bowel health, reducing the risk of constipation. It also contributes to a feeling of fullness, which can help in controlling appetite and potentially aiding in weight management. Additionally, a diet high in fiber has been linked to a lower risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and certain types of cancer. Fiber helps in regulating blood sugar levels, making it particularly beneficial for those with diabetes or at risk of developing it.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Fiberlicious smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.