“Nice winter smoothie to help fight off colds. Toss in a scoop of protein powder to help your muscles recover after a day on the slopes.”~ Alison
Pear Spice, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is the quintessential cold-busting fall beverage that can be served both cold or warm like a hot toddy. Sweet pear and maple syrup, a pinch of spicy cinnamon and ginger, in a creamy vanilla almond milk base. Strengthen your defenses, nothing is going to bring you down!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Pear Spice smoothie ingredients are:
- vanilla almond milk
- maple syrup
- rolled oats
- ginger root
Pears – Pears are a sweet, bell-shaped fruit that offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They contain significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. Pears are also known to promote healthy gut bacteria, possess anti-inflammatory properties, and boost heart health.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Maple Syrup – Maple syrup is made by reducing the fluid sap of sugar maple trees. It contains 165% of your recommended daily intake of manganese and significant calcium, iron, potassium, and zinc. However, even though maple syrup contains some healthy antioxidants and nutrients, it has extremely high sugar content which is not healthy.
Oats – Oats are one of the most healthy grains you can eat, being packed with fiber, loaded with essential nutrients, and 100% gluten-free. They are high in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5. Oats are widely used to lower cholesterol and prevent oxidization of LDL cholesterol.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Pear Spice Smoothie
The Nutribullet Pear Spice smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place pears, vanilla almond milk, maple syrup, rolled oats, cinnamon, ginger root, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place pears, almond milk, maple syrup, rolled oats, cinnamon, ginger root, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 112gFiber: 10gSugar: 65gProtein: 20g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Ginger is widely recognized for its potential to aid in fighting colds, primarily due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It can help soothe a sore throat, reduce congestion, and act as a natural antihistamine. Ginger also has warming properties, which can be comforting when dealing with cold symptoms. Additionally, its antimicrobial properties may help in combating viral infections.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Pear Spice smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.