“This was the first Nutribullet smoothie I ever made, and it’s still my favorite!”~ Wendy
Pink Drink, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is a delicious good-for-your-heart smoothie that is absolutely packed with vitamin C and anti-inflammatory nutrients. Sweet cherries, strawberries, and honey suspended in a creamy vanilla almond milk base, with tummy-filling almond butter and rolled oats. It is also an excellent meal-replacement drink for those counting-calories!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Pink Drink smoothie ingredients are:
- vanilla almond milk
- vanilla extract
- almond butter
- rolled oats
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Cherries – Cherries are a kid favorite fruit that boast some terrific health benefits for adults as well. They are rich in vitamin C, potassium, copper, and manganese. Cherries also have exceptional anti-inflammatory qualities and are often used to improve symptoms of arthritis and gout.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Vanilla – Vanilla is one of the most popular flavoring agents in the world due to its calming aroma and pleasing taste. It is also rich in the phenolic plant compound vanillin. Vanilla has been shown to protect brain cells against oxidative stress and to reduce liver damage.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
Almond Butter – Almond butter is made from roasted, ground almonds and is often used as a substitute for peanut butter. It is high in monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E. Almond butter can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve the health of artery walls.
Oats – Oats are one of the most healthy grains you can eat, being packed with fiber, loaded with essential nutrients, and 100% gluten-free. They are high in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5. Oats are widely used to lower cholesterol and prevent oxidization of LDL cholesterol.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Pink Drink Smoothie
The Nutribullet Pink Drink smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place kale, cherries, strawberries, vanilla almond milk, vanilla extract, honey, almond butter, rolled oats, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Brown sugar can be substituted for the honey without significantly changing the flavor profile.
- Place kale, cherries, strawberries, almond milk, vanilla extract, honey, almond butter, and rolled oats into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Brown sugar can be substituted for the honey without significantly changing the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 427mgCarbohydrates: 135gFiber: 14gSugar: 80gProtein: 28g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Yes, cherries are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. They are particularly rich in antioxidants, such as anthocyanins and flavonoids, which help reduce inflammation in the body. These compounds have been linked to various health benefits, including reduced muscle soreness and joint pain, and may also play a role in reducing the risk of chronic diseases associated with inflammation, like heart disease and certain types of cancer. Tart cherries, in particular, have been extensively studied for their anti-inflammatory effects.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Pink Drink smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.