A sweet and creamy fall seasonal smoothie from the creators of the NutriBullet Blender, learn how to make at home.
Pumpkin-Banana, a NutriBullet Smoothie Recipe, is a fall seasonal smoothie that is packed with natural fiber and essential nutrients. Sweet from the banana and pumpkin, creamy from the soy milk, with a touch of autumnal spice from the cinnamon and nutmeg. The perfect blustery November afternoon meal replacement!
What Is In The Pumpkin-Banana Smoothie From NutriBullet?
The NutriBullet Pumpkin-Banana smoothie ingredients are banana, pumpkin puree, unsweetened soy milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Pumpkins – Pumpkins are highly nutritious winter squash that are native to North America. They are absolutely packed with vitamin A, and provide significant amounts of vitamin B2, vitamin C, vitamin E, and potassium. Pumpkins are known to boost your immune system, protect against age-related eyesight loss, and lower your risk of certain cancers.
Soy Milk – Soy milk is a dairy substitute made from soybeans and water. It is an excellent source of protein, potassium, and is often fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. Also, being plant-based, soy milk contains no cholesterol, no lactose, and is very low in saturated fat.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Nutmeg – Nutmeg is a popular spice made from the seeds of a tropical Indonesian evergreen tree. It is rich in powerful antioxidants like cyanidins, essential oils such as phenylpropanoids and terpenes, and potent phenolic compounds including protocatechuic, ferulic, and caffeic acids. Nutmeg is also used for its anti-inflammatory properties, for libido enhancement, and as an antibacterial agent.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
NutriBullet Pumpkin-Banana Smoothie Recipe
NutriBullet Pumpkin-Banana smoothie recipe tastes like a sweet and creamy slice of pumpkin pie. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1 1/2 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 2 tbsp whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place banana, pumpkin puree, unsweetened soy milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 7gSugar: 27gProtein: 30g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Pumpkin-Banana smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.