“If you can actually find a rambutan in your local grocery, this smoothie is absolutely AMAZING!”~ Kim
Rambutan Refresher, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is a delicious and unique tropical smoothie that is loaded with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. Sweet and tart rambutan, tangy lime juice, soothing cucumber, all in a refreshing coconut water base. Truly, a wonderfully unique tasting fruit you must try. Native to Southeast Asia and Central America, but seasonally available in the fresh produce section of your local grocery store, usually hanging out around the coconuts and kiwis.
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet Rambutan Refresher smoothie ingredients are:
- lime juice
- coconut water
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Rambutan – Rambutan is a golf ball-sized fruit with a hairy shell and translucent white flesh that is native to Southeast Asia. It contains a large amount of vitamin C and significant amounts of copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and zinc. Rambutan have been linked to reduced cancer risk, reduced risk of heart disease, and increased insulin sensitivity.
Lime Juice – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Rambutan Refresher Smoothie
The Nutribullet Rambutan Refresher smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place cucumber, rambutan, lime juice, coconut water, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
Whole fresh lime wedges can be substituted for the lime juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
Lychee can be substituted for the rambutan, but will slightly change the flavor profile.
- Place cucumber, rambutan lime juice, coconut water, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Whole fresh lime wedges can be substituted for the lime juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
- Lychee can be substituted for the rambutan, but will slightly change the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 13gSugar: 49gProtein: 5g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Yes, rambutans are good for you. They are a nutritious tropical fruit, rich in vitamin C, which is essential for immune system health and skin integrity. Rambutans also contain a good amount of fiber, aiding in digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness, which can be beneficial for weight management. Additionally, they offer smaller amounts of other vitamins and minerals, such as iron, calcium, and potassium. The fruit is also packed with antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Rambutan Refresher smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.