A sweet and tart refreshing tropical smoothie from the creators of the NutriBullet Blender, learn how to make at home.
Rambutan Refresher, a NutriBullet Smoothie Recipe, is a delicious and unique tropical smoothie that is loaded with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. Sweet and tart rambutan, tangy lime juice, soothing cucumber, all in a refreshing coconut water base. Truly, a wonderfully unique tasting fruit you must try. Native to Southeast Asia and Central America, but seasonally available in the fresh produce section of your local grocery store, usually hanging out around the coconuts and kiwis.
What Is In The Rambutan Refresher Smoothie From NutriBullet?
The NutriBullet Rambutan Refresher smoothie ingredients are cucumber, rambutan, lime juice, coconut water, and ice.
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Rambutan – Rambutan is a golf ball-sized fruit with a hairy shell and translucent white flesh that is native to Southeast Asia. It contains a large amount of vitamin C and significant amounts of copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and zinc. Rambutan have been linked to reduced cancer risk, reduced risk of heart disease, and increased insulin sensitivity.
Lime Juice – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
NutriBullet Rambutan Refresher Smoothie Recipe
NutriBullet Rambutan Refresher smoothie recipe tastes like a sweet and tart tropical slushy. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1/4 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 8 rambutan, deseeded
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place cucumber, rambutan lime juice, coconut water, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- A rambutan is a medium-sized tropical fruit covered by a spiky, hairy exterior that protects a delicious white sweet and tart fruit interior.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 13gSugar: 49gProtein: 5g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Rambutan Refresher smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.