A creamy sleep-inducing smoothie from the creators of the NutriBullet Nutrition Extractor, learn how to make at home.
Sleepy Seeds Smoothie, a NutriBullet original recipe, is rich in magnesium to stimulate blood flow and help your muscles relax. Want to get some sleep without becoming dependent on pharmaceutical sleep-aids, mix up a Sleepy Seeds Smoothie a few hours before bed and relax into a naturally induced blissful slumber. *Pro-Tip: add a little Melatonin Powder to really take the edge off ;-)
What Is In The Sleepy Seeds Smoothie From NutriBullet?
The NutriBullet Sleepy Seeds Smoothie ingredients are banana, blueberries, raspberries, spinach, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, water, and crushed ice.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Pumpkin Seeds – Pumpkin seeds may be small, but they are absolutely loaded with healthy nutrients. They are high in vitamin K, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, and zinc, and contain a significant amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Pumpkin seeds are associated with a reduced risk of several cancers, improved bladder and prostate health, and a reduced risk of heart disease.
Sunflower Seeds – Sunflower seeds are a popular snack that are rich in healthy fats, beneficial plant compounds, and several vitamins and minerals. They contain large amounts of vitamin E, copper, manganese, and selenium, and significant amounts of vitamin B6, folate, iron, magnesium, and zinc. Sunflower seeds are heart-healthy and have been shown to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol and to fight diabetes by reducing blood sugar levels.
NutriBullet Sleepy Seeds Smoothie Recipe
The NutriBullet Sleepy Seeds Smoothie was created to facilitate sleep naturally by reducing muscle tension and promoting system relaxation. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/4 cup raspberries, frozen
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Melatonin Powder Boost, optional
- Place banana, blueberries, raspberries, spinach, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, water, and crushed ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 8gSugar: 20gProtein: 8g
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Sleepy Seeds Smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.