“Good for you or not, this smoothie is delicious! Honey is the perfect sweetener.”~ Mari
So Fresh and So Clean, a popular NutriBullet smoothie recipe, is nutrient-packed and absolutely loaded with vitamin C, ready to fight off common colds and the winter flu. Sweet honey masks the bitter kale, tangy orange and lemon juice provide a citrusy blast, with a cool refreshing coconut water and cucumber finish. The perfect defense against seasonal illness!
Everything You Need
The NutriBullet So Fresh and So Clean smoothie ingredients are:
- coconut water
- lemon juice
- Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Oranges – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Coconut Water – Coconut water has become an increasingly popular health drink as of late. It is low in calories, efficiently replenishes electrolytes, is an excellent source of potassium, and contains potent free radical fighting antioxidants. Also, coconut water has been shown to lower blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, prevent kidney stone formation, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Lemon Juice – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood – Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood ingredients include organic wheat grass, organic barley grass, organic alfalfa, organic spirulina, organic spinach, organic chlorella (cracked cell-wall), organic broccoli, organic pure acai, organic maca, organic carrot, organic beet, raspberry, rose hips, pineapple, green tea, acerola cherry, organic flax seed powder, apple pectin fiber, F.O.S. (from chicory root), L. acidophilus, alpha and beta amylase, protease, lipase, lactase, cellulase, siberian eleuthero root and peppermint.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these NutriBullet smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend the higher-end full-sized NutriBullet Smart Touch that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The So Fresh and So Clean Smoothie
The Nutribullet So Fresh and So Clean smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place cucumbers, kale, oranges, coconut water, lemon juice, honey, Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Spinach can be substituted for the kale without significantly changing the flavor profile.
- Place cucumbers, kale, oranges, unsweetened coconut water, lemon juice, honey, Superfood Essential Greens Powder, and ice into a NutriBullet blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Spinach can be substituted for the kale without significantly changing the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 7gSugar: 38gProtein: 7g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Nutribullet blenders are designed for ease of use. With a compact design and simple mechanism, users typically just need to fill the blending cup with ingredients, twist on the blade attachment, and press or twist the cup onto the base to blend. Cleaning is also straightforward, as many parts are dishwasher safe.
Lemon juice is a rich source of vitamin C. One fluid ounce (about 30 milliliters) of lemon juice contains approximately 12 milligrams of vitamin C. This amount can vary slightly depending on the lemon’s freshness and size. To put this in perspective, the recommended daily intake of vitamin C for adults is 65 to 90 milligrams, so a few ounces of lemon juice can contribute significantly towards meeting this requirement.
More NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious So Fresh and So Clean smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our NutriBullet Smoothie Recipes page.