Smoothie King HIIT Workout Chocolate Cinnamon Recipe – A creamy chocolate smoothie with a hint of cinnamon you can order from the Smoothie King menu or learn how to make at home.
High Intensity Workout Chocolate Cinnamon, a Smoothie King Get Fit Blend recipe, is a protein packed pre or post workout smoothie. Creamy chocolate with a hint of cinnamon gives this muscle-builder just the right amount of spicy kick. A delicious after-gym reward that will leave you satisfied and ready for more!
“Love this protein shake! Chocolate and banana are my favorite and the cinnamon spices it up just a little bit. Mmmmmmmmm.”
What Is In The High Intensity Workout Chocolate Cinnamon At Smoothie King?
The Smoothie King High Intensity Workout Chocolate Cinnamon smoothie ingredients are banana, dates, almond milk, almond butter, cacao powder, cinnamon, protein powder, and ice.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Almond Butter – Almond Butter is made from roasted, ground almonds and is often used as a substitute for peanut butter. It is high in monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E. Almond butter can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve the health of artery walls.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Cinnamon – Cinnamon is an ancient spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. It is high in powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, and is loaded with cinnamaldehyde, which also provides significant health benefits. Cinnamon is a known anti-inflammatory, helps reduce cholesterol, improves sensitivity to insulin, and aids in the prevention of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Smoothie King High Intensity Workout Chocolate Cinnamon smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, dates, almond milk, almond butter, cacao powder, cinnamon, protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies have a similar protein profile and are excellent pre or post workout choices:
- Jamba Juice Protein Berry Workout Smoothie
- Ninja Blender Choco Nut Butter Protein Shake
- NutriBullet Loco-Cocoa Recovery Smoothie
- Place banana, dates, almond milk, almond butter, cacao powder, cinnamon, protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- Dark chocolate or coco powder may be substituted for cacao.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 680Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 110gFiber: 16gSugar: 56gProtein: 82g
More Smoothie King Recipes
→ If you liked this High Intensity Workout Chocolate Cinnamon recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Smoothie King Recipes page.
Smoothie King: Website