“A delicious protein shake, love the berries! Also, the cacao powder gives a nice caffeine kick.”~ Shawn T.
Keto Champ Berry, a copycat Smoothie King recipe, is a keto protein shake that is bursting with skin rejuvenating antioxidants and muscle-loving whey protein. Sweet berries with a dusting of chocolate in a smooth and creamy almond milk and almond butter base. Perfect both pre and post workout for the energizing boost and to speed up recovery.
Everything You Need
The Smoothie King Keto Champ Berry ingredients are:
- almond butter
- almond milk
- cacao powder
- whey protein powder, vanilla
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Almond Butter – Almond butter is made from roasted, ground almonds and is often used as a substitute for peanut butter. It is high in monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E. Almond butter can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve the health of artery walls.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Smoothie King Keto Champ Berry
The Smoothie King Keto Champ Berry is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place blueberries, raspberries, almond butter, unsweetened almond milk, cacao powder, and whey protein powder into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut or soy milk can be substituted for almond milk in a pinch.
- Place blueberries, raspberries, almond butter, unsweetened almond milk, cacao powder, whey protein powder into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut or soy milk can be substituted for almond milk in a pinch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 590mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 16gSugar: 57gProtein: 52g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
What is cacao powder?
Cacao powder is made from ground cocoa beans, which are the seeds of the fruit of the cacao tree. Cocoa beans are high in fat, and when the fat (cocoa butter) is removed, what remains is a dry, powdery substance that is rich in fiber, iron, and magnesium, as well as a number of other minerals and antioxidants.
Is protein powder good for you?
Protein powder can be a convenient and tasty way to increase your protein intake. It can be especially helpful for people who have trouble getting enough protein from food alone, such as vegans or older adults.
More Smoothie King Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Keto Champ Berry smoothie, try more of our copycat favorites on our Smoothie King Recipes page.
Smoothie King: Website