“I love this shake! Creamy chocolate and super-filling. I sometimes have one of these instead of breakfast and it keeps me full into the afternoon.”~ Annie
Keto Champ Chocolate, a copycat Smoothie King recipe, is a protein packed chocolate keto smoothie that will leave you feeling full and hunger-free. Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate in a creamy almond milk base. The perfect post-workout drink for your aching muscles.
Everything You Need
The Smoothie King Keto Champ Chocolate ingredients are:
- almond milk
- almond butter
- cacao powder
- protein powder
- Collagen Boost, optional
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Almond Butter – Almond butter is made from roasted, ground almonds and is often used as a substitute for peanut butter. It is high in monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin E. Almond butter can help lower cholesterol, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve the health of artery walls.
Cacao – Cacao powder, commonly used as a base ingredient for chocolate, is made by grinding up coco beans and removing the fat. Its main health benefit comes from an abundance of polyphenols, a naturally occurring group of antioxidants. Cacao powder is a heart-healthy ingredient, known to reduce high blood pressure, improve blood flow to your brain, lower the risk of stroke, and improve Type 2 diabetes symptoms.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Smoothie King Keto Champ Chocolate
The Smoothie King Keto Champ Chocolate is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place are almond milk, almond butter, cacao powder, protein powder, Stevia, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
Keto-friendly ghee can be substituted for almond butter without a significant change in the taste.
If you use a sweetened protein powder like vanilla or chocolate, you can skip the Stevia.
- Place almond milk, almond butter, cacao powder, protein powder, Stevia, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Dark chocolate may be substituted for cacao powder.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 327mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 12gSugar: 36gProtein: 80g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
What is cacao powder?
Cacao powder is made from ground cocoa beans, which are the seeds of the fruit of the cacao tree. Cocoa beans are high in fat, and when the fat (cocoa butter) is removed, what remains is a dry, powdery substance that is rich in fiber, iron, and magnesium, as well as a number of other minerals and antioxidants.
Is protein powder good for you?
Protein powder can be a convenient and tasty way to increase your protein intake. It can be especially helpful for people who have trouble getting enough protein from food alone, such as vegans or older adults.
More Smoothie King Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Keto Champ Chocolate smoothie, try more of our copycat favorites on our Smoothie King Recipes page.
Smoothie King: Website