“Tastes wonderfully sweet and tart! A great way for vegans to get the extra protein they need. Add a little almond milk to make it more like a shake.”~ Tim C.
Vegan Mango Kale, a copycat Smoothie King recipe, is a nutrient packed vegan smoothie that is bursting with whey protein. Tropical fruit flavors naturally sweetened with apple and tangy pineapple juice. A delicious and refreshing drink to nourish your muscles.
Everything You Need
The Smoothie King Vegan Mango Kale ingredients are:
- apple juice
- pineapple juice
- vanilla whey protein powder
- Collagen Boost, optional
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Kale – Kale, a very popular cruciferous vegetable, is one of the most nutrient-packed foods you can eat. A single cup contains 200% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, 135% of the recommended vitamin C, and 685% of the recommended vitamin K, among many others. Kale also provides very high levels of the powerful antioxidants quercetin and kaempferol, known to lower blood pressure and reduce inflammation.
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Apple Juice – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Pineapple Juice – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Smoothie King Vegan Mango Kale
The Smoothie King Vegan Mango Kale is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, kale, mango, apple juice, pineapple juice, almonds, protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Place banana, kale, mango, apple juice, pineapple juice, almonds, protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 125gFiber: 14gSugar: 78gProtein: 39g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Is pineapple good for your tummy?
Yes. Pineapple contains a digestive enzyme called bromelain, which can help break down proteins and make it easier for your stomach to digest food. Bromelain also has anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to reduce inflammation in the stomach and intestines and alleviate symptoms of conditions such as indigestion and IBS.
Is kale bitter in a smoothie?
Kale can be bitter when blended into a smoothie, but the bitterness can be balanced out with other ingredients. Kale has a naturally earthy and slightly bitter flavor that some people find overwhelming when blended into a smoothie on its own. However, adding sweet ingredients, such as fruit or honey, can help to offset the bitterness. Additionally, some people find that combining kale with other greens, such as spinach or lettuce, can help to balance out the flavor.
More Smoothie King Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Vegan Mango Kale smoothie, try more of our copycat favorites on our Smoothie King Recipes page.
Smoothie King: Website