“So light and refreshing. Super-healthy and tastes great, but doesn’t leave me feeling full like so many smoothies. Love it!”🙂 Cayenne P.
Cucumber Melon, a Vitamix smoothie recipe, is a simple-to-make super-hydrating multivitamin in a glass. Packed with vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese, the Vitamix Cucumber Melon smoothie will fill you full of essential nutrients while its flavonoid fisetin maintains healthy brain activity. And, this lovely beverage is just so cool and refreshing after a hot, sweaty yoga class … Namaste!
Everything You Need
Cantaloupe – Cantaloupe is an odd-looking but delicious melon that boasts a unique antioxidant profile. It contains an extremely high amount of the free radical fighting flavonoid beta-carotene, more than just about any other fruit or vegetable. Cantaloupe has been found to support eye health, assist in the production of healthy red blood cells, and contribute to a strong immune system. [Amazon]
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Grapes – Grapes have been cultivated for thousands of years and offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They are rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. The antioxidant resveratrol in Grapes helps lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and protect against heart disease. [Amazon]
Honeydew Melon – Honeydew melon is a sweet, fleshy relative of the cantaloupe that is very nutritious and offers several health benefits. It contains significant vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, and potassium, as well as the powerful antioxidants beta-carotene, phytoene, quercetin, and caffeic acid. Honeydew melon can help reduce blood pressure, lower blood sugar, and promote healthy skin. [Amazon]
Limes – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron. [Amazon]
A standard blender is all that is required to make Vitamix smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the Vitamix One personal blender as it is the perfect size for a single smoothie and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix A3500 Professional-Grade blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Cucumber Melon smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place cantaloupe, cucumber, green grapes, honeydew melon, lime, water, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Place cantaloupe, cucumber, green grapes, honeydew melon, lime, water, and crushed ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275Total Fat: 1gSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 7gSugar: 58gProtein: 4g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
What are the healthiest melons to eat?
Watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew are among the healthiest melons to eat due to their high nutrient content. Watermelon is high in vitamins A and C and contains a significant amount of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant, while cantaloupe is particularly high in vitamin A and beta-carotene, and honeydew provides a good amount of vitamin C and potassium.
How does the flavonoid fisetin improve cognitive functioning?
Fisetin is a naturally occurring flavonoid found in several fruits and vegetables, such as strawberries, apples, and cucumbers, known for its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective effects. Research suggests that fisetin may have potential health benefits, including enhancing brain health, promoting longevity, and protecting against age-related diseases, although more human studies are needed to confirm these effects.
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Cucumber Melon smoothie recipe, try more of our popular favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.