“Love this one first thing in the morning. It covers all of the bases and make me feel like I’ve started my day off with a victory!”~ Sherri
Good Morning Green, a popular Vitamix smoothie recipe, is an antioxidant-packed breakfast green smoothie that helps you kick off your day feeling refreshed and energized. Earthy broccoli and cucumbers, balanced nicely with slightly sweet apples and grapes, tart kiwi, finishing with just a touch of refreshing lemon. Fresh veggies in the morning to make you feel invincible and ready to rule your world!
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Good Morning Green smoothie ingredients are:
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Broccoli – Broccoli is a nutrient-dense cruciferous vegetable that is widely known for its health benefits. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and contains significant amounts of folate, iron, manganese, and potassium. The beneficial plant compound sulforaphane, abundant in broccoli, is known to provide excellent protection against various types of cancer.
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Grapes – Grapes have been cultivated for thousands of years and offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They are rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. The antioxidant resveratrol in Grapes helps lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and protect against heart disease.
Kiwis – Kiwis, originally known as Chinese gooseberries, are a small delicious fruit native to the hillsides of southern China that offer an impressive list of health benefits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and vitamin K and contain anti-inflammatory plant compounds known as carotenoids. Kiwis are known to reduce heart disease risk factors, including high blood pressure, and aid digestive health by preventing constipation.
Lemons – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Vitamix Good Morning Green Smoothie
The Vitamix Good Morning Green smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place apples, broccoli, cucumbers, green grapes, kiwis, lemon, water, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Apple juice can be substituted for the apples and will make this delicious smoothie a little thinner.
- Place apples, broccoli, cucumbers, green grapes, kiwis, lemon, water, and ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Apple juice can be substituted for the apples and will make this delicious smoothie a little thinner.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 274mgCarbohydrates: 119gFiber: 16gSugar: 73gProtein: 20g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Why is broccoli so good for you?
Broccoli is extremely nutritious as it is loaded with vitamins C and K, folate, potassium, and fiber, as well as potent antioxidants that support overall health. Its high fiber content aids digestion, and its antioxidants and compounds like sulforaphane have been linked to benefits such as a reduced risk of chronic disease and improved brain health.
How do lemons help to prevent colds?
Lemons are high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that can boost your immune system, thereby aiding in the prevention of colds and other illnesses. Additionally, they have antiviral and antibacterial properties which may help in combating pathogens responsible for causing colds.
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Good Morning Green smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.