Vitamix Holiday Fruit smoothie featuring super-healthy antioxidant-packed fruit and berries just in time for cold and flu season. Learn how to make at home!
“This tastes great! I have never added spices to my smoothies before, but I’m glad I tried it. I used pumpkin spice and skipped the honey for less sugar.”🙂Tina
Holiday Fruit, a Vitamix smoothie recipe, is seasonal winter holiday smoothie that evokes images of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Freshly baked sweet apple pie and shimmery tart cranberry sauce set the tone, and the flavor profile. It’s like a celebration in a glass, but without the Tryptophan hangover!
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Holiday Fruit smoothie ingredients are:
- apple pie spice
- crushed ice
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Cranberries – Cranberries are actually a type of heather and are closely related to blueberries. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K1, copper, and manganese, and absolutely bursting with bioactive plant compounds quercetin, myricetin, peonidin, ursolic acid, and proanthocyanidins. Cranberries are frequently used to treat urinary tract infections and have been shown to be effective in the prevention of ulcers and stomach cancer.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Pears – Pears are a sweet, bell-shaped fruit that offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They contain significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. Pears are also known to promote healthy gut bacteria, possess anti-inflammatory properties, and boost heart health.
Honey – Honey is a thick, sticky liquid made from plant nectar by honeybees. It is rich in antioxidants, including phenolic acids and flavonoids that are excellent at reducing oxidative stress. Honey has been used to facilitate burn and wound healing for thousands of years and has shown great success in healing diabetes-related foot ulcers.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Holiday Fruit smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place apples, cranberries, dates, pears, honey, water, apple pie spice, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Omitting the honey or dates will make the smoothie slightly less sweet without changing the overall flavor.
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Why are cranberries so popular among fitness aficionados?
Cranberries are popular among fitness aficionados for their high nutrient content and antioxidant properties, which can support overall health and recovery from exercise. They’re also a low-calorie source of dietary fiber, making them a satisfying snack that can aid in weight management, and some research suggests they can support urinary tract health.
What is apple pie spice?
Apple pie spice is a blend of warming, aromatic spices typically used to enhance the flavor of apple pies and other apple-based desserts. The blend commonly includes cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, but may also feature other spices such as ginger and cardamom.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies also provide a wintery seasonal flair, give one a try:
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Vitamix Holiday Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Vitamix Holiday Fruit smoothie tastes like a Thanksgiving feast in a glass, but without the sleepy after-effects. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 apple, cored
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1 pear, cored
- 1 tbsp honey, raw, unfiltered
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place apples, cranberries, dates, pears, honey, water, apple pie spice, and crushed ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Omitting the honey or dates will make the smoothie slightly less sweet, without changing the overall flavor.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 16gSugar: 73gProtein: 15g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Holiday Fruit smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.