A thick and creamy, healthy Vitamix smoothie recipe that is a perfect breakfast meal-replacement shake, learn how to make at home.
Nuts and Grains Breakfast, a Vitamix Smoothie Recipe, is a thick and creamy, healthy breakfast replacement smoothie that is loaded with nutrients and natural fiber, guaranteed to keep you full throughout the morning. Sweet from the dates, with nutty peanuts, in a creamy bananas and oat milk base. The perfect breakfast replacement smoothie that is both nutritious and filling.
“Yummy! And, one of these for breakfast and I’m completely full until lunch. I used vanilla soy milk instead and it tasted great.”
What Is In The Nuts and Grains Breakfast Smoothie From Vitamix?
The Vitamix Nuts and Grains Breakfast smoothie ingredients are:
- unsweetened vanilla oat milk
- rolled oats
- raw peanuts
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Oat Milk – Oat milk is a popular choice for people with certain food allergies or lactose intolerance. It provides significant vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin D, phosphorous, and riboflavin. Oat milk is totally vegan, lowers LDL cholesterol, and is great for bone health.
Oats – Oats are one of the most healthy grains you can eat, being packed with fiber, loaded with essential nutrients, and 100% gluten-free. They are high in manganese, phosphorous, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5. Oats are widely used to lower cholesterol and prevent oxidization of LDL cholesterol.
Peanuts – Peanuts are a South American legume that are actually closely related to beans. They are loaded with high-quality plant-based protein, healthy fats, and a rich antioxidant profile that includes isoflavones, p-coumaric acid, phytic acid, and phytosterols. Peanuts have been associated with gallstone prevention, reduced risk of heart disease, and the prevention of environmental cell damage.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Nuts and Grains Breakfast smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place bananas, dates, unsweetened vanilla oat milk, rolled oats, raw peanuts, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Almond or soy milk can be substituted for the oat milk.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies are also great breakfast replacements, give one a try:
- Ninja Blender Blueberry Power Blast Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
- NutriBullet Vegan Peach Oat Smoothie Recipe
- Smoothie King Coffee High Protein Almond Mocha Recipe
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Vitamix Nuts and Grains Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Vitamix Nuts and Grains Breakfast smoothie tastes like a rich and creamy, peanut butter and banana milkshake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 bananas, frozen, sliced
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla oat milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp oats, rolled
- 1/4 cup peanuts, raw, unsalted
- 1 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, dates, unsweetened vanilla oat milk, rolled oats, raw peanuts, and ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 128gFiber: 12gSugar: 74gProtein: 27g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Nuts and Grains Breakfast smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.