A delicious, tropical Vitamix smoothie recipe that is protein-packed and loaded with cell nourishing antioxidants, learn how to make at home.
Papaya Vanilla, a Vitamix Smoothie Recipe, is a protein-packed tropical smoothie that is absolutely loaded with antioxidants and excellent for digestive issues. Sweet and tangy from the tropical papaya and pineapples, earthy from the spinach, in a rich and creamy dairy-free almond milk base. A delicious and invigorating post-workout protein shake designed to help repair and strengthen your muscles.
“Delicious, rich, and filling. Love the vanilla, I put twice as much in as the recipe called for.”
What Is In The Papaya Vanilla Smoothie From Vitamix?
The Vitamix Papaya Vanilla smoothie ingredients are:
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- vanilla whey protein powder
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Papaya – Papaya is an extremely healthy tropical fruit that is packed with antioxidants. It contains a unique enzyme called papain that has the ability to break down tough protein chains. Papaya can help resolve constipation, relieve IBS symptoms, and has been shown to significantly reduce inflammation.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Almond Milk – Almond milk is a popular nut-based milk replacement that is naturally lactose-free, dairy-free, and completely vegan. It has a surprisingly diverse set of nutrients, including significant amounts of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. Almond milk is also a heart-healthy beverage for those interested in lowering their cholesterol.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Vitamix Papaya Vanilla smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place bananas, papaya, pineapples, spinach, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Regular or soy milk can be substituted for the almond milk.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies also bring the vanilla, blend one up:
- Ninja Blender Vanilla Matcha Protein Shake Recipe
- NutriBullet Strawberry Cupcake Smoothie Recipe
- Smoothie King Angel Food Recipe
Consider following us on social media so that we can stay connected. We are on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube!
Vitamix Papaya Vanilla Smoothie Recipe
Vitamix Papaya Vanilla smoothie tastes like a sweet and tangy tropical protein shake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1/2 cup papaya
- 1/2 cup pineapples
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, papaya, pineapples, spinach, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, vanilla whey protein powder, and ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 106gFiber: 15gSugar: 58gProtein: 46g
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Papaya Vanilla smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.