“Cranberries and pineapples, what a magical paring. Just the right amount of sweet and tart!”~ Jenny
Passionately Pink, a popular Vitamix smoothie recipe, is a refreshing berry-packed summer smoothie, loaded with cancer fighting antioxidants and tummy soothing digestive enzymes. Sweet from the berries and dates, tangy from the pineapple, in a rich and creamy nonfat frozen yogurt base. Perfect anytime, but, especially on a hot summer day …
Everything You Need
The Vitamix Passionately Pink smoothie ingredients are:
- nonfat frozen yogurt
Cranberries – Cranberries are actually a type of heather and are closely related to blueberries. They are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K1, copper, and manganese, and absolutely bursting with bioactive plant compounds quercetin, myricetin, peonidin, ursolic acid, and proanthocyanidins. Cranberries are frequently used to treat urinary tract infections and have been shown to be effective in the prevention of ulcers and stomach cancer.
Grapes – Grapes have been cultivated for thousands of years and offer a host of nutritional health benefits. They are rich in vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, copper, and potassium. The antioxidant resveratrol in Grapes helps lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, and protect against heart disease.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Dates – Dates are the sweet and chewy fruit of a palm tree that are typically consumed dried. They are highly nutritious, containing significant vitamin B6, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, and potassium. Dates are abundant in disease-fighting antioxidants and have been shown to improve brain function by reducing inflammation and preventing plaque formation.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Vitamix smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the smaller Vitamix One blender as it is quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Vitamix Passionately Pink Smoothie
The Vitamix Passionately Pink smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place cranberries, red grapes, pineapples, raspberries, dates, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the nonfat frozen yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place cranberries, red grapes, pineapples, raspberries, dates, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, and ice into a Vitamix blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the nonfat frozen yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 175gFiber: 16gSugar: 129gProtein: 22g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Why are cranberries so popular among fitness aficionados?
Cranberries are popular among fitness aficionados for their high nutrient content and antioxidant properties, which can support overall health and recovery from exercise. They’re also a low-calorie source of dietary fiber, making them a satisfying snack that can aid in weight management, and some research suggests they can support urinary tract health.
What does bromelain do?
Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple that aids in the digestion of proteins, potentially helping to reduce bloating, gas, and other symptoms of indigestion. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which are beneficial in managing conditions like osteoarthritis and sinusitis, and it may support wound healing and immune function.
More Vitamix Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Passionately Pink smoothie, try more of our popular favorites on our Vitamix Smoothie Recipes page.