Chuck’s Original Steak House Waikiki Mai Tai was a carefully curated beach-side Mai Tai created by famous Hawaiian restaurateur, Les Hong, who demanded perfection from this complex, potent mixed drink. He declared, “It’s not only the recipe. It’s how you make it … the whole package, the ceramic mug, the fresh garnish.” And, he succeeded in making a delightful libation that, although not native to the Islands, became a tradition among visitors to the white, sandy beaches of Waikiki.
What Is In Chuck’s Original Steak House Waikiki Mai Tai?
Chuck’s Original Steak House Waikiki Mai Tai ingredients are light rum, Demerara dark rum, orange curacao, sweet and sour mix, orgeat syrup, and falernum.
- 1 1/2 oz light rum
- 1 ounce Demerara dark rum
- 3/4 oz orange curacao
- 1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
- 1/2 oz orgeat syrup
- 1/2 oz falernum
- Combine light rum, dark rum, orange curacao, orgeat, sweet and sour mix, falernum, and cracked ice into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously (and we mean VIGOROUSLY, it truly makes the difference between a good Mai Tai and a great Mai Tai).
- Strain into an old fashioned glass over shaved ice.
- Garnish with a fresh lime slice and a mint sprig.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Sugar: 33g
More Mai Tai Recipes
→ If you liked this Chuck’s Original Steak House Waikiki Mai Tai, try more of our delicious favorites on our Mai Tai Recipes page.
Chuck’s Original Steak House Waikiki: Website
Olivia co-founded Make Drinks in 2013 and serves as its Coffee and Cocktails editor … yes, incongruous competing categories for sure. However, bartending her way through college while obtaining a Bachelor’s in Computer Science at U.C. Berkeley left her abundantly prepared for this position. Oh, and two kids in tow. Coffee in the morning, cocktails at night … Ponce de León never knew the elusive fountain was so close.