A delicious tropical fruit and berry Detox smoothie designed to help cleanse and eliminate harmful toxins from the body. Learn how to make at home!
Blueberry Mango Detox, a Detox Smoothie Recipe, is a delicious antioxidant-packed tropical smoothie that is absolutely loaded with vitamin C. Sweet from the blueberries and mango, tangy lime, earthy fresh spinach, in a creamy smooth avocado and soy milk base. The perfect nutritious drink to help your body reset and replenish!
“Love it. This tastes particularly good for a detox smoothie, the mango is a perfect addition.”
What Is In The Blueberry Mango Detox Smoothie?
The Blueberry Mango Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- soy milk
- crushed ice
Avocados – Avocados are neither fruit nor vegetable, but are actually considered berries. They are an excellent source of vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Avocados promote healthy gut bacteria, reduce the risk of heart disease, and provide essential nutrients required during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Limes – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Soy Milk – Soy milk is a dairy substitute made from soybeans and water. It is an excellent source of protein, potassium, and is often fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. Also, being plant-based, soy milk contains no cholesterol, no lactose, and is very low in saturated fat.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this detox smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Blueberry Mango Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place avocado, blueberries, lime, mango, spinach, soy milk, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Almond milk can be substituted for soy milk.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies are also excellent for detoxifying your body:
- NutriBullet Cleansing Green Smoothie Recipe
- SkinnyMs Cleanse And Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Tropical Turmeric Cleanser Detox Smoothie Recipe
- Place avocado, blueberries, lime, mango, spinach, soy milk, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Almond milk can be substituted for soy milk.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 18gSugar: 46gProtein: 25g
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Blueberry Mango Detox smoothie recipe, try more of our great tasting body cleansing favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.