“So yummy! Even if this detox shake wasn’t healthy, I could drink one of these every day …”~ Petra
Easy Detox, a cleansing detox smoothie recipe, is a nutrient-dense, low-calorie smoothie that is packed with natural fiber and will leave you feeling full and energized. Sweet and tart green apple and pineapple, earthy cilantro and spinach, creamy banana, with a hint of spicy ginger. Such a delicious and healthy drink to help you flush out the toxins.
Everything You Need
The Easy Detox Detox smoothie ingredients are:
- green apple
- lime juice
- orange juice
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Cilantro – Cilantro, also known as coriander, is an potent herb that is commonly used to flavor international dishes. It is rich in immune-boosting antioxidants, promotes digestion and gut health, helps fight infections and food-borne illnesses, and contains several skin enhancing bioactive compounds.
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Spinach – Spinach has long been a major staple of healthy eating. It is loaded with important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A producing carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K1, calcium, folic acid, and iron. Studies have shown that the regular addition of spinach to one’s diet can help improve eye health, promote heart health, boost immune function, and make bones stronger.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
Lime Juice – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
Orange Juice – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Easy Detox Smoothie
The Easy Detox smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place banana, cilantro, green apple, pineapple, spinach, ginger, lime juice, and orange juice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Place banana, cilantro, green apple, pineapple, spinach, ginger, lime juice, and orange juice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 99gFiber: 14gSugar: 53gProtein: 20g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
How does natural fiber help you detox?
Natural fibers, such as flaxseed, chia seeds, and psyllium husk, are a great way to help detoxify your body. These fibers help to absorb toxins and impurities in the digestive system and promote regular bowel movements. They also contain high amounts of antioxidants which can help reduce oxidative stress and promote healthy cell functioning. Additionally, natural fibers can help reduce inflammation and improve gut health, promoting healthy bacteria and reducing the production of toxins in the body.
Is it ok to detox if you are pregnant?
No, it is not recommended to detox while pregnant. Detoxing can involve dietary changes, fasting, and taking supplements, all of which can be harmful to a pregnant woman and her baby. It is best to speak with your doctor before making any major changes to your diet or lifestyle while pregnant.
More Detox Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Easy Detox smoothie, try more of our cleansing favorites on our Detox Smoothie Recipes page.