“This is one of my favorites … I LOVE the fresh, green tea taste and it’s just so healthy. Plus, I get a nice little pick-me-up from the caffeine.”~ Anna
Green Tea Weight Loss, a slimming Weight Loss smoothie recipe, is rich in catechin, a natural phenol and antioxidant that has been found to reduce body fat. In addition, catechins help prevent cancer, heart disease and neurodegenerative conditions such as Alzheimer’s. Try this diet smoothie before a workout for extra hydration, increased calorie burn, and a renewed sense of vigor … plus, it just tastes great!
Everything You Need
The Green Tea Weight Loss smoothie ingredients are:
- mint leaves
- green tea
Apples – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Broccoli – Broccoli is a nutrient-dense cruciferous vegetable that is widely known for its health benefits. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, and contains significant amounts of folate, iron, manganese, and potassium. The beneficial plant compound sulforaphane, abundant in broccoli, is known to provide excellent protection against various types of cancer.
Celery – Celery, a low calorie diet food, has a number of surprising health benefits. It is an excellent source of phytonutrients and is absolutely packed with cell-protecting antioxidants such as vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids. Celery also reduces chronic inflammation, supports a healthy digestive tract, and and has an alkalizing effect that can help neutralize acidic foods.
Cucumbers – Cucumbers, while commonly mistaken for vegetables, are actually a highly nutritious fruit. They are rich in the antioxidants flavonoids and tannins that have been found to prevent cell damage by blocking harmful free radicals. Cucumbers also help reduce blood sugar and have been shown to prevent some diabetes-related complications.
Watercress – Watercress is a small edible leafy green with a slightly peppery taste. It is packed with wide variety of beneficial nutrients, but is particularly high in vitamin K. Watercress has been shown to lower the risk of several chronic diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
Mint – Mint is well known for the minty cool sensation it provides and is a popular ingredient in a variety of drinks and dishes. It is rich in nutrients including vitamin A, iron, and manganese, although it is typically used only as a flavoring agent in small quantities. The menthol in mint has been shown to relieve indigestion and reduce Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Green Tea – Green tea is widely claimed to be one of the most healthy drinks on the planet. It is loaded with powerful bioactive compounds, including polyphenols, the potent catechin epigallocatechin gallate, caffeine, and the amino acid L-theanine. Green tea improves brain function and protects against neurodegenerative diseases, increases fat burning, and reduces your risk of developing certain cancers, including breast cancer, colorectal cancer, and prostate cancer.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Green Tea Weight Loss Smoothie
The Green Tea Weight Loss smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place the apple, broccoli, celery, cucumber, watercress, mint leaves, green tea, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Parsley can be substituted for the watercress without significantly changing the flavor profile.
- Place apple, broccoli, celery, cucumber, watercress, mint leaves, green tea, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Parsley can be substituted for the watercress without significantly changing the flavor profile.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Unsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Green tea has been associated with weight loss due to its metabolic-enhancing and fat-burning properties. It contains catechins, particularly epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which are believed to boost metabolism and increase fat oxidation. Additionally, the caffeine in green tea can enhance energy expenditure. Some studies suggest that regular consumption of green tea can aid in reducing body weight and body fat.
Mint, a popular herb, offers several health benefits. It’s rich in antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress in the body. The menthol in mint acts as a natural decongestant, providing relief from nasal congestion and aiding in respiratory health. Additionally, mint has been linked to improved digestion, helping soothe indigestion and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
More Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Green Tea Weight Loss smoothie, try more of our slimming favorites on our Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes page.