An Orange Julius flavored Jamba Juice smoothie recipe with hints of vanilla, with you can order off the menu or learn how to make at home.
Orange Dream Machine Smoothie, a Jamba Juice Smoothie Recipe, is the only regular menu member of the five smoothie Dream Machine Collection: Lemon, Orange, Pineapple, Raspberry, and Strawberry. Recalling youthful hot summer days spent sipping a cool refreshing Orange Julius after a carefree morning basking on the beach, this unique orange whip and vanilla ice cream flavored combination is sure to please even the most demanding palates.
“Love! Tastes just like an old-timey Orange Julius. Vanilla soy milk makes it even better :-)”
What Is In The Orange Dream Machine Smoothie At Jamba Juice?
The Jamba Juice Orange Dream Machine smoothie ingredients are:
- orange juice
- soy milk
- vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- orange sherbet
- crushed ice
Orange Juice and Orange Sherbet – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Soy Milk – Soy milk is a dairy substitute made from soybeans and water. It is an excellent source of protein, potassium, and is often fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. Also, being plant-based, soy milk contains no cholesterol, no lactose, and is very low in saturated fat.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
A standard blender is all that is required to make this Jamba Juice smoothie. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using any one of the many available NutriBullet blenders as they are quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making this recipe for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Jamba Juice Orange Dream Machine smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place orange juice, soy milk, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, orange sherbet, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Similar Tasting Smoothies You Might Like
The following smoothies have a similar tangy citrusy taste:
- Juice It Up Chili Lime Mango Smoothie
- Ninja Blender Tangerine Protein Machine Smoothie
- NutriBullet Zingy Orange Peach Mango Smoothie
- Place orange juice, soy milk, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, orange sherbet, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Almond milk can be substituted for soy milk.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 576Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 3gSugar: 94gProtein: 17g
More Jamba Juice Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Orange Dream Machine smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Jamba Juice Smoothie Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website