“Light and refreshing, like a jazzed up lemonade. Perfect when the sun is shining.”~ Camille
Lemon Dream Machine, an unofficial Jamba Juice Secret Menu smoothie recipe, is a thirst-quenching summer smoothie that is member of the five Dream Machine Collection: Lemon, Orange, Pineapple, Raspberry, and Strawberry. Slightly sweet from the vanilla yogurt and very tart from the lemonade and lime sherbet, a truly satisfying combination. Perfectly cool and refreshing for a hot summer day.
Everything You Need
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu Lemon Dream Machine smoothie ingredients are:
- soy milk
- nonfat frozen yogurt
- lime sherbet
Lemonade – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Soy Milk – Soy milk is a dairy substitute made from soybeans and water. It is an excellent source of protein, potassium, and is often fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. Also, being plant-based, soy milk contains no cholesterol, no lactose, and is very low in saturated fat.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Lime Sherbet – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
How To Order From The Jamba Juice Secret Menu
Most Jamba Juice employees know many of the Secret Menu recipes, especially the popular ones, so all you need to do is ask. However, if it is a particularly obscure or experimental drink, or if you get an inexperienced server, just bookmark the recipe below and whip out your phone the next time you are at Jamba Juice … if they aren’t too busy with other customers, Jamba Juice employees will generally oblige. And, as always, don’t forget to tip your drink-maker!
Equipment Needed To Make At Home
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Lemon Dream Machine Smoothie At Home
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu Lemon Dream Machine smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place lemonade, soy milk, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, lime sherbet, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
Almond milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the soy milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the nonfat frozen yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place lemonade, soy milk, vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt, lime sherbet, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- Almond milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the soy milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the nonfat frozen yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 470mgCarbohydrates: 191gFiber: 4gSugar: 151gProtein: 27g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Is soy milk good for you?
Soy milk is a plant-based milk alternative rich in protein and often fortified with vitamins and minerals like calcium and vitamin D. It’s a good option for those who are lactose intolerant or prefer a dairy-free diet. However, if you have a soy allergy or are concerned about phytoestrogens, it’s best to consult with a healthcare provider.
Is nonfat frozen yogurt high in sugar?
Yes, nonfat frozen yogurt can be surprisingly high in sugar to compensate for the lack of fat, which enhances flavor. A typical serving can contain anywhere from 15 to 40 grams of sugar.
More Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Lemon Dream Machine smoothie, try more of our off-the-menu favorites on our Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website