“This is so delicious! I could eat (drink) pomegranates every day. I added full pomegranate seeds because I like the little crunch they make when I chew them :-)”~ Lucy D.
Pomegranate Paradise, a copycat Jamba Juice smoothie recipe, is a super-fruit based powerhouse that provides a multitude of health benefits. It eliminates free radicals, protects cardiovascular health, fights cancer, improves bone quality, boosts your digestive system, helps correct anemia, reduces inflammation, promotes blood circulation, and helps you lose weight. And, it tastes amazing!
Everything You Need
The Jamba Juice Pomegranate Paradise smoothie ingredients are:
- pomegranate juice
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Peaches – Peaches are a small fuzzy fruit that originated in China approximately 8,000 years ago. The are extremely rich in antioxidants, including carotenoids, caffeic acid, and polyphenols. Peaches have widely been studied for their ability to reduce the risk of several cancers, prevent tumor growth, and protect the skin from UV damage.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranates, which are actually edible seeds, are one of the healthiest fruits you can eat. They contain significant vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium in addition to the unique beneficial plant compounds punicalagins and punicic acid. Pomegranates have three times the antioxidant activity of green tea, demonstrate impressive anti-inflammatory properties, have been shown to fight both breast cancer and prostate cancer, and fight arthritis and joint pain.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Jamba Juice Pomegranate Paradise Smoothie
The Jamba Juice Pomegranate Paradise smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place mango, peaches, strawberries, pomegranate juice, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Add full pomegranate seeds for a crunchy texture.
- Place mango, peaches, strawberries, pomegranate juice, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Add full pomegranate seeds for a crunchy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 5gSugar: 56gProtein: 2g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Why are pomegranates considered a super-fruit?
Pomegranates are considered a superfruit due to their rich content of potent antioxidants, notably punicalagin and punicic acid, which have been linked to numerous health benefits. These benefits include reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and potentially protecting against various chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
What do antioxidants do?
Antioxidants play a crucial role in protecting the body’s cells from damage caused by harmful molecules known as free radicals, which can lead to cell dysfunction and the development of chronic diseases. By neutralizing these free radicals, antioxidants help maintain the integrity of cells and reduce the risk of conditions such as heart disease, cancer, and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
More Jamba Juice Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Pomegranate Paradise smoothie, try more of our copycat favorites on our Jamba Juice Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website