“Deliciously sweet and tart, just like the candy … but WAY more healthy!”🙂 Becky T.
Pomegranate Pick-Me-Up, a copycat Jamba Juice smoothie recipe, is Jamba’s super-food original, exploding with cell-protecting antioxidants. Sweet mixed berries, tangy raspberry sherbet, in a tart pomegranate juice base. A must-try for anyone looking to nourish their cells and enhance their health through smoothie selection.
The Jamba Juice Pomegranate Pick-Me-Up smoothie ingredients are:
- mixed berry juice
- pomegranate juice
- raspberry sherbet
Blueberries – Blueberries are a popular superfood that are low in calories and highly nutritious. They are the king of antioxidants, being absolutely loaded with flavonoids, and provide significant amounts of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese. Blueberries protect against aging and cancer, by reducing DNA damage, and boost heart function, by preventing LDL oxidization and lowering blood pressure.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Mixed Berry Juice – Berries are some of the most healthy foods one can eat, and they are absolutely delicious. They are loaded with free radical neutralizing antioxidants, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese, and are high in dietary fiber. Berries are also known to reduce blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity, fight inflammation, and lower cholesterol levels.
Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranates, which are actually edible seeds, are one of the healthiest fruits you can eat. They contain significant vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium in addition to the unique beneficial plant compounds punicalagins and punicic acid. Pomegranates have three times the antioxidant activity of green tea, demonstrate impressive anti-inflammatory properties, have been shown to fight both breast cancer and prostate cancer, and fight arthritis and joint pain.
Raspberry Sherbet – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Jamba Juice Pomegranate Pick-Me-Up Smoothie
The Jamba Juice Pomegranate Pick-Me-Up smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place blueberries, strawberries, mixed berry juice, pomegranate juice, raspberry sherbet, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Add actual pomegranate seeds to pump up the tartness and give it a nice crunchy texture.
- Place blueberries, strawberries, mixed berry juice, pomegranate juice, raspberry sherbet, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Add actual pomegranate seeds to pump up the tartness and give it a nice crunchy texture.
Serving Size:1 g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 5gSugar: 77gProtein: 3g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Why are pomegranates considered a super-fruit?
Pomegranates are considered a superfruit due to their rich content of potent antioxidants, notably punicalagin and punicic acid, which have been linked to numerous health benefits. These benefits include reducing inflammation, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and potentially protecting against various chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
Is sherbet healthy?
Sherbet, while lower in fat than ice cream, often contains high amounts of sugar, which can contribute to health issues like obesity and diabetes when consumed in excess. However, it can provide some nutritional benefits if it includes real fruit, as this contributes vitamins, minerals, and fiber, but overall, it should be considered a treat and eaten in moderation.
More Jamba Juice Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Pomegranate Pick-Me-Up smoothie, try more of our copycat favorites on our Jamba Juice Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website