“So great tasting, the perfect balance of berry sweet and citrus tangy. Refreshing on a hot summer day.”~ Alicia S.
Berry Lime Sublime, an unofficial Jamba Juice Secret Menu smoothie recipe, is a delicious berry-filled smoothie that is loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants. Both sweet from the strawberries and raspberries, with a touch of sour from the lime, this healthy drink absolutely is bursting with flavor. A tasty and refreshing energizer for any time of day.
Everything You Need
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu Berry Lime Sublime smoothie ingredients are:
- orange juice
- raspberry juice
- lime sherbet
Raspberries – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Orange Juice – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Lime Sherbet – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
How To Order From The Jamba Juice Secret Menu
Most Jamba Juice employees know many of the Secret Menu recipes, especially the popular ones, so all you need to do is ask. However, if it is a particularly obscure or experimental drink, or if you get an inexperienced server, just bookmark the recipe below and whip out your phone the next time you are at Jamba Juice … if they aren’t too busy with other customers, Jamba Juice employees will generally oblige. And, as always, don’t forget to tip your drink-maker!
Equipment Needed To Make At Home
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Berry Lime Sublime Smoothie At Home
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu Berry Lime Sublime smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place raspberries, strawberries, orange juice, raspberry juice, lime sherbet, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Whole fresh fruit can be substituted for the fruit juices, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
- Place raspberries, strawberries, orange juice, raspberry juice, lime sherbet, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Whole fresh fruit can be substituted for the fruit juices, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 111gFiber: 8gSugar: 87gProtein: 5g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
The sugar content can vary depending on the type of berries. For instance, one cup (approximately 144 grams) of raw strawberries contains about 7 grams of sugar, while the same amount of blueberries contains around 15 grams of sugar. Raspberries and blackberries have a similar sugar content to strawberries, making them some of the lower-sugar fruits available.
While fruit juice can be a source of vitamins, it is also high in sugar and lacks the fiber found in whole fruits. As a result, most health guidelines, including those from the American Heart Association, suggest limiting fruit juice to a small glass (about 4 to 6 ounces) per day. It’s generally healthier to consume whole fruits for the added benefits of fiber and a lower glycemic index.
More Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Berry Lime Sublime smoothie, try more of our off-the-menu favorites on our Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website