“Tastes like an apple pie with a bit of a tropical kick. Love the matcha energy burst!”~ Laura S.
Green Apple, an unofficial Jamba Juice Secret Menu smoothie recipe, is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C to help maintain a youthful appearance. Naturally sweetened with mango and apple juice and tart from the lemonade and lime sherbet, matcha green tea finishes nicely with slightly earthy undertones. A wonderful drink for your skin!
Everything You Need
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu Green Apple smoothie ingredients are:
- apple juice
- nonfat frozen yogurt
- lime sherbet
- matcha green tea powder
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Apple Juice – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Lemonade – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Lime Sherbet – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
Matcha Green Tea Powder – Matcha green tea leaves are shaded from sunlight 30 days before harvest to boost chlorophyll and amino acid production. This makes them extremely rich in catechins, a powerful antioxidant plant compound that is approximately 130 times greater than found in regular green tea. Matcha green tea powder is a powerful tool in the fight against free radical-based cell damage and has been shown to reduce the risk of liver disease.
How To Order From The Jamba Juice Secret Menu
Most Jamba Juice employees know many of the Secret Menu recipes, especially the popular ones, so all you need to do is ask. However, if it is a particularly obscure or experimental drink, or if you get an inexperienced server, just bookmark the recipe below and whip out your phone the next time you are at Jamba Juice … if they aren’t too busy with other customers, Jamba Juice employees will generally oblige. And, as always, don’t forget to tip your drink-maker!
Equipment Needed To Make At Home
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The Green Apple Smoothie At Home
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu Green Apple smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place mango, apple juice, lemonade, nonfat frozen yogurt, lime sherbet, matcha powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Whole fresh apples can be substituted for the apple juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the nonfat frozen yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place mango, apple juice, lemonade, nonfat frozen yogurt, lime sherbet, matcha powder, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Whole fresh apples can be substituted for the apple juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
- Coconut milk or soy milk (with a little extra ice) can be substituted for the nonfat frozen yogurt to make this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 351mgCarbohydrates: 179gFiber: 4gSugar: 142gProtein: 24g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Mangos are a nutrient-rich fruit, packed with vitamins like A and C, as well as fiber and antioxidants. They can support immune function and digestive health. However, they’re also high in natural sugars, so it’s best to consume them in moderation, especially if you’re watching your sugar intake.
Matcha green tea powder contains approximately 30 to 50 milligrams of caffeine per teaspoon, which is higher than regular green tea but lower than coffee. The caffeine in matcha is released slowly, providing a more sustained energy boost without the jitters.
More Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Green Apple smoothie, try more of our off-the-menu favorites on our Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website