Pacific Passion, an unofficial Jamba Juice Secret Menu smoothie recipe, is a tropical-themed smoothie that is loaded with antioxidants and vitamin C. A passion fruit and mango base, naturally sweetened with peaches and strawberries, and kicked up a notch with tangy pineapple. The perfect drink for long walks on the beach and romantic island sunsets!
Peaches – Peaches are a small fuzzy fruit that originated in China approximately 8,000 years ago. The are extremely rich in antioxidants, including carotenoids, caffeic acid, and polyphenols. Peaches have widely been studied for their ability to reduce the risk of several cancers, prevent tumor growth, and protect the skin from UV damage.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Mango Juice – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Passion Fruit Juice – Passion fruit is a purple tropical fruit offering a wide-range of health benefits. It is most commonly known for its rich antioxidant profile and is a strong source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium. Passion fruit is also extremely low on the glycemic index and can help improve insulin sensitivity, placing it among the fruit-favorites of the American Diabetes Association.
Pineapple Sherbet – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
How To Order From The Jamba Juice Secret Menu
Most Jamba Juice employees know many of the Secret Menu recipes, especially the popular ones, so all you need to do is ask. However, if it is a particularly obscure or experimental drink, or if you get an inexperienced server, just bookmark the recipe below and whip out your phone the next time you are at Jamba Juice … if they aren’t too busy with other customers, Jamba Juice employees will generally oblige. And, as always, don’t forget to tip your drink-maker!
Equipment Needed To Make At Home
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make This Smoothie
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu Pacific Passion smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place peaches, strawberries, passion fruit-mango juice blend, pineapple sherbet, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Whole fresh fruit can be substituted for the fruit juices, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
- Place peaches, strawberries, passion fruit-mango juice blend, pineapple sherbet, and ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Whole fresh fruit can be substituted for the fruit juices, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 284mgCarbohydrates: 201gFiber: 35gSugar: 133gProtein: 26g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, strawberries are a nutritional powerhouse, rich in vitamin C, manganese, and antioxidants like flavonoids. They’re low in calories and sugar, making them a great choice for a healthy snack or beverage ingredient.
I’d recommend limiting your fruit juice intake to about 4-6 ounces per day, especially if it’s high in sugar. While fruit juice can offer some vitamins, it lacks the fiber found in whole fruits and can be high in calories. For a balanced approach, consider diluting your juice with water or seltzer, or opt for freshly squeezed juices with no added sugar.
More Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious Pacific Passion recipe, try more of our off-the-menu favorites on our Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website