“It’s amazing how much this smoothie actually tastes like the original gummy bear candies. LOVE this yummy throw-back!”~ J.C.
White Gummi Bear, an unofficial Jamba Juice Secret Menu smoothie recipe, is a creative off-the-menu shake, known only to Jamba Juice aficionados, that tastes just like your childhood candy favorite … Albanese White Gummi Bears. This copycat recipe is absolutely one of our favorites and nails the flavor of that after-school treat, clumped into a little gummy ball, stuffed into the pocket of your backpack ;-)
Everything You Need
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu White Gummi Bear smoothie ingredients are:
- peach juice
- soy milk
- lime sherbet
- orange sherbet
- pineapple sherbet
- raspberry sherbet
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Peaches – Peaches are a small fuzzy fruit that originated in China approximately 8,000 years ago. The are extremely rich in antioxidants, including carotenoids, caffeic acid, and polyphenols. Peaches have widely been studied for their ability to reduce the risk of several cancers, prevent tumor growth, and protect the skin from UV damage.
Soy Milk – Soy milk is a dairy substitute made from soybeans and water. It is an excellent source of protein, potassium, and is often fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. Also, being plant-based, soy milk contains no cholesterol, no lactose, and is very low in saturated fat.
Lime Sherbet – Limes are a sour citrus fruit that are best known for their immunity boosting nutrients. They are loaded with vitamin C and contain other important minerals such as riboflavin and niacin. Limes are also known to reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent kidney stones, and aid in the absorption of iron.
Orange Sherbet – Oranges are the most popular of all citrus fruits. They are absolutely packed with vitamin C and provide significant amounts of the flavonoids hesperidin and naringenin as well as carotenoids beta-cryptoxanthin and lycopene. Oranges promote healthy immune function, boost heart health, and have been shown to prevent anemia.
Pineapple Sherbet – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Raspberry Sherbet – Raspberries are a popular seasonal fruit that are actually a member of the rose family. They are packed with vitamin C and manganese and also provide several B vitamins, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Raspberries are very high in antioxidant plant compounds that protect against cell damage and can help reduce your risk of various chronic diseases.
How To Order From The Jamba Juice Secret Menu
Most Jamba Juice employees know many of the Secret Menu recipes, especially the popular ones, so all you need to do is ask. However, if it is a particularly obscure or experimental drink, or if you get an inexperienced server, just bookmark the recipe below and whip out your phone the next time you are at Jamba Juice … if they aren’t too busy with other customers, Jamba Juice employees will generally oblige. And, as always, don’t forget to tip your drink-maker!
Equipment Needed To Make At Home
A standard blender is all that is required to make these delicious smoothies. If you are making it for just one person, we recommend using the truly amazing personal NutriBullet Ultra as it is super-quick to set up and very easy to clean.
If you are making them for more than one person, we recommend a higher-end Vitamix blender that can process larger loads more efficiently.
For overnight storage, we recommend using a glass or BPA-free airtight container with a resealable lid.
How To Make The White Gummi Bear Smoothie At Home
The Jamba Juice Secret Menu White Gummi Bear smoothie is very easy to make:
- Step 1: Place mangoes, peach juice, soy milk, lime sherbet, orange sherbet, pineapple sherbet, raspberry sherbet, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Step 2: Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Step 3: Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Step 4: Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
Recipe Tips And Substitutions
If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Whole peaches can be substituted for the peach juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
Almond milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the soy milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
- Place mangoes, peach juice, soy milk, lime sherbet, orange sherbet, pineapple sherbet, raspberry sherbet, and crushed ice into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
- Whole peaches can be substituted for the peach juice, just add a little water to maintain consistency.
- Almond milk or coconut milk can be substituted for the soy milk and still keep this delicious smoothie dairy-free.
Serving Size:1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 206mgCarbohydrates: 134gFiber: 6gSugar: 110gProtein: 7g
Smoothie Frequently Asked Questions
Jamba Juice, a popular chain that offers smoothies, juices, and bowls, is known for its official menu but also has a “secret menu” which is an unofficial list of drinks that many locations will make if you ask for them. These drinks have been created and popularized by fans and employees over the years. As with any “secret menu” at any establishment, it’s important to note that not all locations or employees may be familiar with these items. Therefore, it’s helpful to know the ingredients of the drink you’re requesting just in case the staff isn’t familiar with the name.
Soy milk is not inherently fattening. Like all foods and beverages, it’s the overall context of your diet and your total daily calorie intake that determines weight gain or loss. Soy milk is made from whole soybeans or soy protein isolate, and it typically contains about the same amount of protein as cow’s milk. Calorie-wise, unsweetened soy milk contains roughly 80 to 100 calories per cup, which is comparable to skim or low-fat cow’s milk.
More Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this delicious White Gummy Bear smoothie, try more of our off-the-menu favorites on our Jamba Juice Secret Menu Smoothie Recipes page.
Jamba Juice: Website