Juice It Up Melon Madness Smoothie Recipe – A refreshing fruity summer smoothie from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
Melon Madness, a Classic Berry Blend Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is an easy-to-make refreshing summer smoothie that is loaded with vitamin C and free radical-busting antioxidants. Sweet strawberries and watermelon suspended in a creamy smooth banana and nonfat frozen yogurt base. Designed to keep you happy and hydrated on a hot summer day!
What Is In The Melon Madness Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up Melon Madness smoothie ingredients are bananas, strawberries, watermelon juice, and nonfat frozen yogurt.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Strawberries – Strawberries are a flavorful staple of many healthy smoothies and shakes. They are an excellent source of several important antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds including pelargonidin, ellagic acid, ellagitannins, and procyanidins. Strawberries are widely known to decrease the risk of heart disease, help regulate blood sugar, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Watermelon Juice – Watermelon originates from Africa and was first domesticated more than 4,000 years ago. It contains a variety of nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium. In addition to keeping you hydrated, watermelon is known to inhibit tumor growth in various cancers and help prevent age-related macular degeneration.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
- 1 cup bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 cup watermelon juice
- 1 cup nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, strawberries, watermelon juice, and nonfat frozen yogurt into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 159gFiber: 12gSugar: 105gProtein: 21g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Melon Madness smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website