A spicy raw fruit and vegetable smoothie from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
The Turmeric, a Plant-Based Specialty Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is a spicy raw fruit and veggie smoothie boasting huge anti-inflammatory qualities and absolutely bursting with antioxidants. Sweet apple juice, tangy pineapple, earthy carrots, spicy ginger and turmeric, in a smooth and creamy banana base. So many health benefits in this glass, a truly special elixir that just makes your body feel good!
What Is In The Turmeric Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up The Turmeric smoothie ingredients are bananas, carrots, pineapple, apple juice, ginger, and turmeric.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Carrots – Carrots are a super-healthy root vegetable that are an excellent source of fiber. They are high in vitamin A, vitamin K1, beta carotene, potassium, and loaded with antioxidants. Carrots are most famous for promoting good vision, but also lower cholesterol and help protect against various forms of cancer.
Pineapples – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Apple Juice – Apples are the most widely consumed fruit globally and boast more than 7,000 different varieties. They provide significant amounts vitamin C, vitamin K, copper, and potassium, and are loaded with power antioxidants, especially polyphenols. Apples can help lower cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and promote gut health as a prebiotic.
Ginger – Ginger is a Southeast Asian flowering plant that is one of the healthiest spices on the planet. It contains the bioactive compound gingerol, which has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Ginger is also used to treat many forms of nausea, including morning sickness and sea sickness, to relieve chronic indigestion, to reduce joint pain resulting from osteoarthritis, and to help fight infections.
Turmeric – Turmeric is a yellow Indian spice that has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Its primary bioactive ingredient is curcumin, that delivers powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Turmeric has been shown to increase the antioxidant capacity of your body by neutralizing free radicals and stimulating the protective action of other antioxidants.
Juice It Up The Turmeric Smoothie Recipe
Juice It Up The Turmeric smoothie recipe tastes like a spicy raw fruit and veggie shake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 cup bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup pineapples, frozen, chunks
- 1 cup cups apple juice
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, carrots, pineapple, apple juice, ginger, and turmeric into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 278mgCarbohydrates: 120gFiber: 15gSugar: 65gProtein: 17g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this The Turmeric smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website