A peanut butter and banana protein shake from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
The Zone, a Protein Infused Specialty Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is the perfect pre or post workout protein shake, delivering 32 g of protein to keep your muscles strong. Thick and creamy banana and peanut butter in a creamy cool nonfat frozen yogurt base. Get in the zone and get pumped up!
What Is In The Zone Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up The Zone smoothie ingredients are bananas, peanut butter, peanuts nonfat frozen yogurt, whey protein powder, and water.
Bananas – Bananas are very healthy, readily available, and one of the least expensive fruits you can buy. They have relatively few calories, are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium, are full of potent antioxidants including flavonoids and animes, and are high in dietary fiber. Studies have shown that bananas can improve insulin sensitivity and may improve kidney health.
Peanut Butter and Peanuts – Peanuts are a South American legume that are actually closely related to beans. They are loaded with high-quality plant-based protein, healthy fats, and a rich antioxidant profile that includes isoflavones, p-coumaric acid, phytic acid, and phytosterols. Peanuts have been associated with gallstone prevention, reduced risk of heart disease, and the prevention of environmental cell damage.
Nonfat Frozen Yogurt – Nonfat frozen yogurt is often hailed as a healthy alternative to traditional ice cream. It includes yogurt culture probiotics lactobacillus bulgaricus and streptococcus thermophilus and is often made with agave nectar instead of high-calorie sugar. Nonfat frozen yogurt is a common choice among those wanting to reduce their caloric intake.
Whey Protein Powder – Whey protein powder is the most highly studied nutritional supplement readily available, providing great nutritional value and numerous health benefits. In addition to high quality protein, it also contains bioactive peptides called lactokinins. Whey protein powder promotes muscle growth and maintenance, helps lower blood pressure, can lessen the effects of Type 2 diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
Juice It Up The Zone Smoothie Recipe
Juice It Up The Zone smoothie recipe tastes like a creamy smooth peanut butter and banana protein shake. This recipe will show you how to make one.
- 1 cup bananas, frozen, sliced
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanuts, raw, unsalted
- 1 cup nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop whey protein powder, vanilla
- 1 scoop Collagen Boost, optional
- Place bananas, peanut butter, peanuts nonfat frozen yogurt, whey protein powder, and water into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- For ease of use, we recommend peeling and slicing a number of bananas, putting them in a freezer bag, and storing them in your freezer for quick access.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 123gFiber: 9gSugar: 78gProtein: 45g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this The Zone smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website