Juice It Up Vital Proteins Blue Smoothie Recipe – A sweet and tart tropical protein shake from Juice It Up, learn how to make at home.
Vital Proteins Blue, a Protein Infused Specialty Juice It Up Smoothie Recipe, is a spirulina and collagen packed protein shake that is loaded with vitamin C to boost your immune system. Tropically sweet mango, tart and tangy lemonade and pineapples, in a creamy cool Greek yogurt base. A unique and flavorful spin on the traditionally bland muscle-building protein shake … and, it’s BLUE!
What Is In The Vital Proteins Blue Smoothie At Juice It Up?
The Juice It Up Vital Proteins Blue smoothie ingredients are mango, pineapples, lemonade, pineapple juice, Greek yogurt, spirulina, and Vital Proteins® collagen.
Mango – Mango, in some corners of the world, is known as the “King of Fruits” and delivers an impressive amount of potent nutrients and healthy plant compounds. They are extremely high in vitamin C and provide significant amounts of copper, folate, and vitamin B6. Mangoes are also known to boost your immune system, improve digestive health with their amylases enzymes, help prevent diabetes, and have even been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Pineapples and Pineapple Juice – Pineapples are popular tangy tropical fruit that, surprising to most, originated in South America, not Hawaii. They are absolutely loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, including a ridiculously high amount of vitamin C (1 serving = 131% of the recommended daily intake), manganese, vitamin B6, and thiamin. Pineapples also contain a significant amount of the digestive enzymes bromelain that can help fight pancreatic cancer.
Lemonade – Lemons are a sour citrus fruit that are packed with antioxidants and various other beneficial plan compounds. Just one lemon provides more than 50% of your recommended daily intake of cold and flu-busting vitamin C. Lemons are also known to aid weight loss, prevent kidney stones, and protect against anemia.
Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt has been a staple of Greek cuisine for more than 2,000 years. It is high in vitamin A, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B12, calcium, and selenium, and is particularly rich in protein. Greek yogurt benefits bone health, supports a healthy digestive tract, and aids in post-workout muscle recovery.
Spirulina – Spirulina is a type of cyanobacteria that is commonly referred to as blue-green algae. Frequently consumed by the ancient Aztecs, it has recently become wildly popular as an excellent source of protein, copper, and B vitamins.
- Place mango, pineapples, lemonade, pineapple juice, Greek yogurt, spirulina, and Vital Proteins collagen into a blender and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and steadily ramp up to its highest speed. This will reduce wear and tear on the motor and blades, facilitate a more consistent blend, and help prevent food splatter onto the lid and sides.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds or until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into a glass for immediate refreshment or place in the refrigerator in an airtight container to enjoy later.
- If you don't have frozen fruit, or simply prefer to use fresh fruit (we totally get that), we recommend adding 1/2 cup of ice to chill your smoothie and give it a pleasing icy texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 5gSugar: 64gProtein: 3g
More Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes
→ If you liked this Vital Proteins Blue smoothie recipe, try more of our delicious favorites on our Juice It Up Smoothie Recipes page.
Juice It Up: Website